why o why am i still getting black screens. ps3 CFW Rogero

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why or why am I still getting black loading screens.

Games so far,

Ass Creed
Black Ops 2
Hitman

and a couple of others, Do we still need e-boot fixes for them, but I'm on the latest everything, you know when I down load a new version of "said" game then is there something I should be deleting from the PS3 before trying them again, I'm thinking there's a save or a file some where that since the 1st version of what ever didn't work then it's keeping it in memory if that makes sense.

I'll have another blast at it in a min, I think you might have told me this last time, I was just under the impression that MM done it all for you, I know which settings you mean as I've seen them..

I'll check and let you know how I get on.

Thanks,

Just looking, what's "direct boot" ?

I'm having the same problems with a couple of games. These are ones that are listed as working on the PS3 compatibility chart, and ones that have original eboots. Just can't get them to work. Have tried the old MM black screen method and it makes no different

yeah thanks, that's the thing, I must be onto about 2 black ops, and about 3 ass creeds. I'll go have a play.

You see I was under the impression that you needed not do much in multiman, you know when you choose a game, I didn't think you had to enable/disable settings, I thought the high lighted orbs were there just telling you as a reminder to what the games require to run.

they could be bad rips I've had problems before with games, tried all ways to get them to boot, then downloaded a differebt version of the same game and they work 1st time.

I had trouble ages ago with various downloads of gran turismo 5 it would black screen, in the end I went out and rented the game and ripped it myself and it worked fine so if worst comes to worst mate that's worth a try, you'll still be getting the game for a few quid :)

it's funny you say that I nearly just did that.....

tomorrow I will be in blockbusters! lol

Why or why am I still getting black loading screens.

Games so far,

Ass Creed
Black Ops 2
Hitman

and a couple of others, Do we still need e-boot fixes for them, but I'm on the latest everything, you know when I down load a new version of "said" game then is there something I should be deleting from the PS3 before trying them again, I'm thinking there's a save or a file some where that since the 1st version of what ever didn't work then it's keeping it in memory if that makes sense.

Black Ops 2,Hit man Absolution and Assassins Creed III all work fine on Rogego 4.21 Using the latest Mm.
Go to the games tab on the Xmb,then second from top and delete any installed data of any none working games.
Reboot your ps3 and start the game let it download the updates\patches or you can install the updates your self from within multiman or get Ps3 tools.
Oops forgot did you patch any of your eboots ?

Last edited:
I'm on the latest everything. and no haven't patched any of them eboots. Had done for some of the other games.

I'm just grabbing a fresh backup in case I damage my original :) I'll delete the data associated with them and then do as you say, deleting the data I think I've tried but I'll try again. I've all ways updated them through MM if any of them needs updates.

Last edited:
I'm on the, latest everything. and no haven't patched any of them eboots. Had done for some of the other games.
I'm just grabbing a fresh backup in case I damage my original :) I'll delete the data associated with them and then do as you say, deleting the data I think I've tried but I'll try again. I've all ways updated them through MM if any of them needs updates.
Curiously did you download or rip them your self,any error codes.
I only had games black screen on a usb external

downloaded, and just a thought, they are black screening from an external USB attached drive, I think I'll copy them over to the internal, maybe should have tried that but in MM checking the game options they are saying that they run from internal and external. I'll go have a look. Dead Island, or dead island 2 that's another one, just sound on that one, no screen.

woo hoo.! all working! :) must have been the rips.

yeah thanks. :) i think im on version 2.05... And i do like debug so might put that on my other one...

Sent from my GT-I9100

Back