Why Lie?

Don't get it myself mate. Place I used to work before there was a lad who would lie about all kinds of stupid shit and a few blokes would spot the bullshit (which is quite easy with these type people) and just rip into to him for the whole lunch break sometimes ending with him being in tears. The sad thing is he would never learn and still talk bollocks. Felt sorry for him in the end cause he just could obviously not help lying.

Think we all lie sometimes, either to flatter or save our skins but it's the constant billie bullshitters that used to do my head in, now I just feel sorry for them.

I had a m8 like that who worked at the college I studied at, he'd often tell wild eyed bullshit stories though harmless that you knew never happened or never would happen. But I never ripped the piss out of him for it because I'm too nice a person for that, besides I consider him a friend, and at the time I just figured he'd say these things to make himself feel important and to try to fit in more and really who was I to judge I didn't have to believe the things he'd say nor did I have to rip him a new one and shoot it down in flames, knowing in my mind that it was all bs but I'd keep my mouth shut and listen rather than bully him.

I had a m8 like that who worked at the college I studied at, he'd often tell wild eyed bullshit stories though harmless that you knew never happened or never would happen. But I never ripped the piss out of him for it because I'm too nice a person for that, besides I consider him a friend, and at the time I just figured he'd say these things to make himself feel important and to try to fit in more and really who was I to judge I didn't have to believe the things he'd say nor did I have to rip him a new one and shoot it down in flames, knowing in my mind that it was all bs but I'd keep my mouth shut and listen rather than bully him.

Didn't take part in the bullying either, never have, but he did kind of deserve it and looking back maybe they were trying to help him in a perverse way. Think management had a quiet word with those involved in the end and they did ease off on him.

All I can think of here is Jay from the Inbetweeners.

The Mother-In-Law is always concocting white lies to try and be nice to people, however she gets herself in a pickle because she can't remember what she's said, they are quite often very transparent (at least to me) and to be honest they are always over the most trivial things. Unfortunately it often comes back to bite her (not that she ever has bad intentions when she's lying).

Back