Which One?

beckam7

Inactive User
Reaction score
Which is best prog to use to play games off a hard drive?WII backup manager or WBFS, just bought a hard drive and want to put games on it, my WII has a memory card in which has a usb loader on it,but not sure which of the above progs to use. Thanks

Wii Backup Manager all the way for me to load games back and forth onto drives. WBFS format isn't really needed these days as all the main loaders can now work with FAT32 formatted drives so you can whip the drive in and out of your PC without having to mount etc.

Also worth getting latest versions of your loader and channels/forwarders - I used to use USBLoaderGX but prefer Configurable USB Loader now

I used modmii to set up the hard drive and the wii and then Wii Backup Manager to manage the games on the hard drive.

Thanks everyone, got it working with WII backup manager. Can someone tell me how to display covers for the games on the hard drive when its plugged into the WII, my sd card has CFG on it. When i plug it into pc and open backup manager it shows the covers for each game but not when plugged into WII. I cannot connect to wifi on WII to download covers, so need to do it manually some how. Thanks

I think it differs slightly depending which loader you're using on the Wii but they normally have a folder structure of covers/images > 2d > 3d etc. It's configurable within your loaders config file. If you go to gametdb.com you can download the latest complete packs for each type of cover - EU/US and then covers, 3d, disc etc. You can also grab the latest titles.txt and wiitdb.zip while you're there.

Back