Which Hard Drive for an Xbox 360 Slim??

qwertyasdfg

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Morning All,

I personally don't own an xbox, but one of my mates asked me for some advice on which memory card to buy for his kids xbox 360 slim console?

I asked him whether he wanted a memory card or a hard disk and for what purpose her wanted this extra storage, as I know he aint hacked it. He told me that his kid has got a new game which in order to move forward, he needs to save his progress at certain points on to a memory card.

As I ain't clued up at all on the xbox, I did a little search on google and found there are 20gb, 120gb and 250gb versions of these xbox hard drives available and I also found that one can just buy an enclosure on its own also!!

Is it worth buying an enclosure on its own and buying an internal hard disk elsewhere and putting the 2 together to save a few quid or is it not as easy as that?

If not, can someone point me in the right direction on some options for my mate??

Thanks for your reply!

That's a good option for now, do you know what the maximum capacity usb pen drives it can handle and does it have to be a specific make or need to be formatted in a certain way??

Have anyone seen or bought one of these? 1:1 250GB XBOX360 Slim Hard Drive (Black) GXE32B - $65.36 - Affordable Hard Drives & Memory Cards

There are over a 100 posts about it on HUKD and worked out £26.57 with some codes but it looked like the deal was not honoured and people were refunded in the end as the company had no stock, some people thought it was a scam but were eventually refunded, one user put the stock shortage down to this http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/07/business/global/07iht-floods07.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all

Anyone bought from this company focalprice before, looks very similar to DX and Price Angels and considering its there Lunar New year coming up, I don't expect there stock to be replenished any time soon!

Going back to my original post, is it an easy process to just buy an internal HD and an enclosure separately and just put them together??

Not sure about hdd but I bought one of these for my 4GB Slim for now until I can get a bigger hdd

Kingston DataTraveler 101 Gen 2 16GB USB Drive - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Kingston DataTraveler 101 Gen 2 16GB USB Drive - Black:Amazon:Computers & Accessories

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I've only tried 2, both Kingston. I believe max size for a USB pen drive is 16gb, just plug it in a USB socket in back of Xbox and follow on screen instructions, once done it'll give you about 13.5gb space and you can then transfer profiles, game saves etc on to it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Back