Which Freeview Box Is Best ?

ttony

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi

whats the best freeview box to get ? and are there any extra channels i could get[if you know what i mean :THANKS:

I would say the cheapest 1 you can get your hands on and, wait for the HD box, which hopefully should come out later this year after the beeb, ITV, C4 & C5 has finished with the trials they are conducting now.

I would say the cheapest 1 you can get your hands on and, wait for the HD box, which hopefully should come out later this year after the beeb, ITV, C4 & C5 has finished with the trials they are conducting now.

I think you're doing a bit of wishfull thinking there m8. Although the trials they carried out last year were very successful, there's not enough bandwith available at the moment for regular HD broadcasting on Freeview. It's going to be another couple of years at the earliest.

http://www.about-electronics.eu/2006/11/30/uk-hdtv-to-be-broadcast-on-freeview/

The BBC are still conducting the tests.
I can pick up the sound on my free-view Tosh TV, but no picture (obviously).
I suppose if you wanted more info you could try here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/hd/ .

The Sony box. Dont think they make it anymore, but its probably still the best box available(although they were £80-£100). Try ebay?

As for extra channels, your not gonna get anything just yet...encryption hasnt been cracked.

DOS

Hi

ok m8 cherers for the reply

ASDA's Durabrand Freeview box about £25. My daughter has one and it works perfect with a non-powered non-boosted portable (cheap) aerial.

But I guess it also depends where you live for a good healthy signal (and also whether you need a proper aerial (if you live in a valley or in a nuclear lead lined bunker etc :) )

At least you can get a refrund from ASDA if you are not happy with it.

I think you get a 2 yr guarantee with it too !!!

Out of any freeview boxes i've ever used, I would say the Goodmans software is the best around.

The sagem software is pretty bad.

Back