Which Clone is it?

dekart

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, this is my clone vu solo2. The seller says it's sunray but the board is different. What do you think about this board? Sunray, Lornisun or Dragonworth?

20141120_204456.jpg20141120_204201.jpg20141120_204428.jpgvusolocap.jpg

I dont think sunray have a fan i could be wrong and its not able to fit an internal hdd, that looks like my solo2 non sunray

My sunray has a fan and also has a mini usb port on back titled, "service port" or something along those lines. Do you have a mini usb service port on back?

My sunray has a fan and also has a mini usb port on back titled, "service port" or something along those lines. Do you have a mini usb service port on back?

no, mini usb service port is not there.

Was this recently purchased?

I guess you also don't have a sticker on top of box (by power button but on top) and it refers to visiting dreamoem for support, etc?

Can you ask your supplier where do they recommend getting images from?

yes, i bought recently. My supplier said to me original vu solo images can install. but I have not tried it yet :)

Do not install original images. No solo2 clone can take newest original images. I'm aware that sellers are lying about this as I was recently lied to.

As zucci said ask them where to get images from.

Is there no white labels anywhere inside which give a clue.

I never seen inside of a sunray look like that so I don't believe it's sunray.

Is this bought from china?
who sells this model? sold from Aliexp..s

Well it's a clone, no doubt.

Had a quick look and I couldn't see where it said Sunray solo2 in title.

There are, I believe, 2 versions (that I know off) and version I have is v2 (with fan and usb service port) and that has been available for more than 6 months. I don't know what the inside of v1 looks like or how old the box is.

Now it's possible that v1 didn't have fan & usb service port but I can't say for sure. I just know that the current version, v2, does have fan and usb service port.

Have you asked supplier for website to download images from?

Did you pay less for this solo2 than other solo2's by other manufacturers? I'm only asking to see if they were selling old v1 stock at reduced rates or something like that.

However, based on what I can see I would say it still isn't a Sunray clone.

I think this is a new model from Estar team

Hey you bought it from E-Star from alibaba
And E-star team, I know they have simcard E-star to DM800 SE with its own software.
Do not know if you can use the very latest original software

I asked again and again. They said this SunRay. To install the software VuPlus Community. But I do not installed new images yet .
Not much help but what I would do then is specifically ask if I install latest images from, say OpenVix Apollo range, and it bricks your box because it doesn't except latest images like you have been told, will they send replacement board/box out free of charge?

Not much help but what I would do then is specifically ask if I install latest images from, say OpenVix Apollo range, and it bricks your box because it doesn't except latest images like you have been told, will they send replacement board/box out free of charge?

Thank you ketmp for your interest.
they said to me it's Sunray. but, i know the board is diffrent. it has a fun inside but no servis port. so I have not upgraded yet. she give me this adress for images --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/

do you know what is my solo2 's kernel versiyon (v2,v3) from looking at the pictures?

View attachment 85285
View attachment 85284

I know sunray v2 boxes have a fan on the cpu (not the case) and have a usb service port. I don't know if yours is either a sunray (assuming it is a sunray) v1 box or a new v3 box. I've never heard of any sunray solo2 v3 box but of course that doesn't mean it doesn't exist and v1 boxes are old now but then doesn't mean you haven't got one.

You could visit dreamoem.com website which is support site for Sunray and ask in that forum include pictures and maybe ask if they could confirm if they recognise the box as a possible sunray and whether it's v1 or a v3 (if v3 actually exists yet) as your supplier is stating it's a sunray and can take original images.

Back