Which channels are D+?

kenny444

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello, It may be a silly question to everyone that knows, but for us without the knowlege can somebody please tell us Junior members what is meant by a D+ channel?

A first I thought it was Astra 1D, then I thougth it might be a some form of encryption, but as far as I am now aware; its a group of channels, but as I have also most 5000 its all a bit tricky.

Therefore could you please inform us, so we can then put our boxes on a D+ channel and input the Keys, I have read the "how to input keys file" but have got stuck with the above question.

also the following appears:

Ch code … N2. (Nagravision) digital+(4001)
and its (4101)for dragon t-rex cams.

Which means nothing to me either, is there a comprehensive list of instructions somewhere.

Thank you for all and any replies

kenny444

take a look at this site, it keeps the best data regarding worldwide satellites : http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/dpastra.html (this link is D+ Spain).
This page lists all of the D+ channels along with the technical data.

Digital+ Spain is the Spanish National TV provider - similar to Sky TV here in the UK.
It has both Free To Air (FTA), subscription and Pay Per View (PPV) channels. Access is via a Subscription card. As with SKY, subscriptions (cards) are sold that enable Spanish viewers to access these programs. But (same as Sky) they can only be purchased by people who live within the D+ catchment area (eg only where D+ are authorised to sell them)
If you live outside this area, you cannot (legally) buy and use these cards, even though the satellite footprint may cover your house.

Thus the pirate satellite card industry sprang up.

To decode and watch these channels you need to be able to emulate the scrambling system that D+ uses (actually they use several)
MediaGuard, Cryptoworks, Viaccess and NagraVision.
This is what CAMs (Conditional Access Modules) and emulators do.
CAMs/Emulators come (broadly) in two forms, hardware and software.
Devices such as the DreamBox can use either/both.
Software emulators (aka SoftCams) do it all in software, which is loaded into the Dreambox. (using FTP or serial cables or similar)
Hardware CAMs (DragonCam, Matrix cam etc etc) are PCMCIA card slots that slip into set top boxes and can be programmed / reprogrammed with both the Emulator software as well as the daily/weekly codes that are published continuously on many satellite forums. This method uses smartcards and card programmers.

Sky boxes are manufactured with only the Sky VideoGuard software, this uses the familiar Sky card to open up the channels.

The dreambox can be configured to handle just about any and all types of emulation and will "imitate" a genuine subscriber box if it has the correct emulation and viewing codes.

There is a very active "satellite scene" in europe, where almost every country can "see" every satellite footprint but mostly, cannot purchase the cards and cams.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back