where's my 1.50 fw gone?

english

Inactive User
Reaction score
sorry to go on ..

why can't i boot into 1.50 fw from 3.90 m33 ?? there's a ton of stuff for 1.50 but it's all no good to me at the minute lol

everytime i change it to 1.5 in recovery and exit to xmb, system settings says 3.90 m33 fw still

can i downgrade to 1.50 custom? is it wise? or is it something simple? or wot

i think the answer might help me sort out the probs in the 'psx games not booting' thread

thx

it will always show 3.90 m33 in the system menu wether the kernel mode is 1.50 or 3.90
the 1,5 kernel is there to play your 1.5 apps

firstly have you installed the 1.5 kernel?
it will switch between kernel modes even if it hasnt been installed, but obviously wont work.

there is no need to downgrade to 1.50, install the 1.5 kernel if you havent already, leave the kernel mode at 3.90 and put your 1.5 apps in the GAME150 folder and mentioned already.

the 1.5 kernel has nothing to do with PSX games so i dont think it will cure that problem.

i figured it was a fw thing (don't think for urself it's not very clever lol) as it's only 1.5 versions of some apps that don't work like irshell 1.5, tvuplayer, pimp streamer 1.5. thanks for the info guys i'll have a good read we'll get there in the end ;)

saying that i have 3.90 m33 working versions of pimp and irshell so mustn't grumble ..

also i'm using a slim version, i've just noticed theres a lot of diff's between fat and slim. cheers

it will always show 3.90 m33 in the system menu wether the kernel mode is 1.50 or 3.90
the 1,5 kernel is there to play your 1.5 apps

thats some gold right there :) if only i knew that eh

if its a slim i dont think any 1.50 apps work.

their are alot of 1.50 apps coming out now that will work with the 3.xx kernel so that is good news for slim owners :)

Back