where to buy lobster from?

no... is a simple way ...to make an end... and don't forget if we start feel emotions when we have to eat,and prepare the food... well... all of us will became vegetarian...

no... is a simple way ...to make an end... and don't forget if we start feel emotions when we have to eat,and prepare the food... well... all of us will became vegetarian...

I doubt I will. I have visited an abattoir and breeding farms. Its bad but still eat meat. I do try and ensure it quality of life (and death) are as decent as possible which normally means paying more.

i heard before that if you put the live lobster in cold water and heat it up it won't feel the pain as it wont notice it getting too hot and will just go to sleep? not sure how true it is though?

i heard before that if you put the live lobster in cold water and heat it up it won't feel the pain as it wont notice it getting too hot and will just go to sleep? not sure how true it is though?

AHAHAH..... I'm wondering who will put in a cold water the fish waiting until sleep.... ahahha...
The lobster must be put in hot water, than, one sec later.. is done....( who put in a cold water,,? maybe some one..go some idea for how to learn staying under the water and breath....).

quite true. if you do this the lobster/cray, will go dormant before the water kills it. I'm unsure about them even feeling pain, in the way we do. but dropping in boiling water kills the critter by shock. another way is to chill the lobster prior to cooking, this too makes it go dormant, and it is dead before it notices the temp change.

for those who insist in "plunging", a sharp pointed knife, driven through the skull, just between the eyes. kills the lobster instantly.

TBH, I all this worry about how lobsters die. How about all those poor fish who takes minutes dying through axphiation.

????????????????????????????

Just saying, people all worried about killing a lobster through boiling it. Fish have a much harder time when they are fished, nobody worries if they suffered.

To be honest, professionally (cooking) talk, a Lobster is a cray fish, and are thousand years we catch fish all over the planet, so if we start be worry for the way a Lobster go to die, well, what about killing birds, chickens, ducks, turkeys,cows, sheep, porks, lambs...rabbits and so on....?
It's the way we have to take for eating, that's all... if we are not able to think that this is the only way to have our daily food, well, as I said, let's be vegetarian and may be Buddhist, due they don't eat animals, but where will we going? A crusade for animals..?.
lobster are just a food for us, boil it as thousand people and restaurant do, in hot water, no suffering due they die instantly... and God save the Lobster....

Just saying, people all worried about killing a lobster through boiling it. Fish have a much harder time when they are fished, nobody worries if they suffered.

oops, yeah, realised that after i posted. and many die, terribly, because of the pressure differential
i think, for this, we are talking about how we, at home, do the deed. i don't think any of us would kill a fish, by cooking, at home. why should we do it to a lobster. (incidentally not a Crayfish. cray young are, virtually, smaller versions of an adult. Lobsters young are larvae, and only exist in salt water, drifting till they find a home, or die.)
I believe that Rock Lobster, is a crayfish. but lives in salt water. not sure on that though.

I don't remember how many Lobsters I killed in my life, sure more than anyone here.. and I didn't have ant regret for it... ahahhaha
Well, there's sea Lobster, adult one, due the international sea regulation, have the size of the fish to be catches , the adult only are real Lobsters, ( I don't like think of the youngster...) and the Big are the best ever... very tasty, the others , often dark colour, are cultivated, most of the case in clear water, and they have a different meat, not so tasty., but definitely the wild one catches from fisherman's are the best ...

So quick question, aside from the tail and claw meat, what other part can be eaten ?

As you know,all these cray fish are very small in meat quantity, personally, I don't like it too much, but Lobster are famous not for the quantity of the meat but for the taste, so middle body, arms, to be suck, head also from fish lovers... what'else?...I'm preparing for me.. the Lobster, and mayonnaise,chili and salt..( lobster is bolied) just the meat, nothing else..

Back