When is a Kv HD box coming out?

sausages1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All, Does anyone know whether Kryptview will be bringing out a high definition version of the A780 box? Thanks.

not untill there is no more demand for the a780to make sure them get there moneys worth out it

With the service on SD being so poor since the KV raids...I dont see how a HD box would be worthwhile. Also it's a traders game...if they think they can make enough money from it...you'll probably see one released...
But as mentioned with constant channels missing, going offline, glitching football matches etc...it looks like oversubscribed servers..poor infrastructure..
Not to mention the hardware on KV and SV recievers is low spec and poor...Get over to satellite...superior hardware, much more channel choice and features to play with. My 4 year old DM500S clone is probably a better hardware spec than a KV A780...lol...

With the service on SD being so poor since the KV raids...I dont see how a HD box would be worthwhile. Also it's a traders game...if they think they can make enough money from it...you'll probably see one released...
But as mentioned with constant channels missing, going offline, glitching football matches etc...it looks like oversubscribed servers..poor infrastructure..
Not to mention the hardware on KV and SV recievers is low spec and poor...Get over to satellite...superior hardware, much more channel choice and features to play with. My 4 year old DM500S clone is probably a better hardware spec than a KV A780...lo strange reply from a mod when the kv has never run so good ?

hey mines been a decent box over the last year or so,(for nowt)ok was shit for a while but all good now!!!

but your right tho dont think ill be wasting my money on another hd box........over to sat for me:thumbsup:

KV A780 hardware wise...is worth less than 40 quid...like I said a clone DM500 is probably superior hardware than a A780..and a 500 costs around 50 quid...
So your basically paying traders over 100 quid of the box value for a poor quality CS service, even the picture quality on KV isnt great.. Equally SV is the same as well...

the kv is aimed at the joe blogs on the street and with the risk these guys are taking
then good on them .the service i cant really speak about but i did get my aunt one well over a year ago
some people have no choice but to use cable as cant install dish .
altho its been off a few times and might not be the best of server i would still say what are you guys really
wanting for £130 + apart from this its a big network with what must be close to 10k clients

the kv is aimed at the joe blogs on the street and with the risk these guys are taking
then good on them .the service i cant really speak about but i did get my aunt one well over a year ago
some people have no choice but to use cable as cant install dish .
altho its been off a few times and might not be the best of server i would still say what are you guys really
wanting for £130 + apart from this its a big network with what must be close to 10k clients

KV A780 sells at around 135 - 150... Fair enough if you cant install a dish, i.e:you live in flats, rented accomodation etc yuo dotn have a choice.. But if you can install a dish...
A Openbox S9/10/11 HD sat reciever with PVR facility...costs 60 quid...leaving you 90 (if you had a 150 budget) quid to use for a sat payserver if your that way inclined..now even if it's 10 quid a month ..thats 9 months HD viewing with a superior range of channels on a better reciever. Plus the flexibility to swap servers whenever you want...get a motorised dish and your looking at 1000's of channels.
So even on a small budget the sat route is superior... KV and SV is really just for plug and play TV freeloaders, not hobbyists.

Last edited:
really dont know where you buy yours mate but the price from the local seller is £130. yes the sat route is better if can be done or you have the brains/time to spend finding server,setting up box and so on
personallly i use sat and would do even if i could get cable but for people that can get vermin then the kv is a quick easy solution

gsmtech does speak the truth.

The single biggest problem with the KV and SV are that you are effectively locked in.

I used to mess around with cable boxes in the old days :) but didn't like the idea of being locked into the unknown so switched over to the sat scene when it all went off and I personally haven't looked back.

It may look complicated but it really isn't, if you can work windows explorer then in my opinion you can, with the knowledge here, get a sat box going.

There are loads more channels and in HD even Eastenders looks fab :proud:

To all those panning the KV. I have had an A780 since they first became available, and I would be lying if I said there hasn't been the occasional problem along the way, but overall I have to say I am more than happy with their service. The glitching that you used to get on some of the channels has gone completely and down time happens that infrequently that its not really worth a mention. And as for picture quality, it is exactly the same as when i have legit vermin box plugged in, which is crystal clear.

Boing Boing

To all those panning the KV. I have had an A780 since they first became available, and I would be lying if I said there hasn't been the occasional problem along the way, but overall I have to say I am more than happy with their service. The glitching that you used to get on some of the channels has gone completely and down time happens that infrequently that its not really worth a mention. And as for picture quality, it is exactly the same as when i have legit vermin box plugged in, which is crystal clear.

Boing Boing

Occasional problem ?? The issues with missing channels, glitching etc was going on for months, far from occasional. You probably think the service and picture quality is good because you have nothing to compare to..
A low spec SD sat reciever at less than half the price of a A780 will absolutely outclass it....Like I said even whats considered a low end starter box like a openbox S9/S10/S11/S12 at £60 with HD and PVR functions....puts any KV to shame. It's not even worth me mentioning any higher end Sat boxes because the comparison would be so laughable...literally like Lada vs Aston Martin....in quality...

I agree with IAmATeaf's post above, likewise I started in the cable scene with modded original Pace and Samsung recievers, Funcards, MOSC's, ATMEGA163, Titanium OPOS etc..Moved onto Linux Cable recievers DM500C.. and finally moved to Sat when N3 hit the scene...

Sat is not a difficult transition for anyone who's willing to put in a little bit of reading and effort. Depending on your general PC/Networking knowledge the transition is made easier if you undertsand how to use FTP, etc...it even easier.

KV/SV etc like I said serve their purpose in the market. They are for joe bloggs TV Freeloaders who are only intrested in free TV.

Occasional problem ?? The issues with missing channels, glitching etc was going on for months, far from occasional. You probably think the service and picture quality is good because you have nothing to compare to..
A low spec SD sat reciever at less than half the price of a A780 will absolutely outclass it....Like I said even whats considered a low end starter box like a openbox S9/S10/S11/S12 at £60 with HD and PVR functions....puts any KV to shame. It's not even worth me mentioning any higher end Sat boxes because the comparison would be so laughable...literally like Lada vs Aston Martin....in quality...

I agree with IAmATeaf's post above, likewise I started in the cable scene with modded original Pace and Samsung recievers, Funcards, MOSC's, ATMEGA163, Titanium OPOS etc..Moved onto Linux Cable recievers DM500C.. and finally moved to Sat when N3 hit the scene...

Sat is not a difficult transition for anyone who's willing to put in a little bit of reading and effort. Depending on your general PC/Networking knowledge the transition is made easier if you undertsand how to use FTP, etc...it even easier.

KV/SV etc like I said serve their purpose in the market. They are for joe bloggs TV Freeloaders who are only intrested in free TV.

Man, I'm starting to think that maybe you go to bed at night with a satellite dish. Try and get out more, there is more to life than television.Open your front door occasionally, you might even meet a nice woman. If you do though, no mention of how you started in the cable scene with modded original Pace and Samsung recievers, Funcards, MOSC's, ATMEGA163, Titanium OPOS etc..Moved onto Linux Cable recievers DM500C.. and finally moved to Sat when N3 hit the scene...that kind of talk just isn't interesting to someone with a life.

Boing boing

the kv is still shit,glitching channels missing,freezing nothings really changed on my box ok 90% of the time its good but a right pain in the arse when your watching something and it goes off!!

still it does what it says free tv had it about a year now;-)

ok so you get times when the kv is troublesome but it is free and the people who supply the feed make no money ok so the sat system is better but there is no need to be knocking the work that others do for free
i have a dm800 hd and a kv a780, the 800 is on all the time but the kv is used as a backup just in case summit goes wrong but tbh i have had as many little nagging problems with the 800 as i have had with the kv

why do the sat guys keep going on about this and that, everybody knows that its superior
,ive always had s/v and k/v
,ive had my k/v for 18 months for an outlay of £130,mainly for the footy,apart from when the servers got busted it has been quite stable, so for the sake of £2 a week ive seen plenty of sports,films etc,
good enough for the plug and play enthusiasts?

ok so you get times when the kv is troublesome but it is free and the people who supply the feed make no money ok so the sat system is better but there is no need to be knocking the work that others do for free
i have a dm800 hd and a kv a780, the 800 is on all the time but the kv is used as a backup just in case summit goes wrong but tbh i have had as many little nagging problems with the 800 as i have had with the kv

You seriously think KV provide the service for free and theyre not making any money ? I've already explained the price you pay for the box is mainly in effect a kind of cardshare subscription fee... The recviers are low spec, cheap worth around 40 quid... So the other 90 odd quid is going in KV's pocket paying for the insfastructure etc, anything extra is profit....

Like I said KV and SV etc..serve their purpose theyre fine for those wanting plug and play free tv.

Man, I'm starting to think that maybe you go to bed at night with a satellite dish. Try and get out more, there is more to life than television.Open your front door occasionally, you might even meet a nice woman. If you do though, no mention of how you started in the cable scene with modded original Pace and Samsung recievers, Funcards, MOSC's, ATMEGA163, Titanium OPOS etc..Moved onto Linux Cable recievers DM500C.. and finally moved to Sat when N3 hit the scene...that kind of talk just isn't interesting to someone with a life.

Boing boing

Ermm...in case you have noticed this the cable section of a technical forum....what exactly are you doing here if you dont find the discusson topic intresting ? Keep you posts on topic please, or infractions will be issued...

Back