What's the best image for the wife guys?

byson1984

Member ++
Reaction score
I've just got a version 2 clone vu duo and wondering what the best image. Am currently on Blackhole 1.7.0. Also how do i know if am on latest kernel. CHEERS

I've just got a version 2 clone vu duo and wondering what the best image. Am currently on Blackhole 1.7.0. Also how do i know if am on latest kernel. CHEERS

Well you answered your own question there "I've just got a version 2 clone vu duo" which means its on the latest patched 3.1.1 Kernel, Blackhole is a Great image and very stable but if its not to your liking then the popular consensus would be Vix 2.3 or you could even try another image altogether.

I like blackhole but heard that vix was more user friendly and thought might be better for the woman. Is there much difference between blackhole 1,7 and 1.7.2.

Do i need to update bootloader to change from 1.7.0 black hole

i used to have vix only duo and wife and family got on with it ok

was to buggy ro me though so went to BH (latest version)

wife and family can also use it with no problem

Cheers for your comment mate. Do you know if i have to uupdate bootloader

i went from latest vix to latest BH, i just downloaded BH 1.7.2 which comes with 3 files:

boot_cfe_auto.jffs2
kernel_cfe_auto.bin
root_cfe_auto.jffs2

copy these onto a usb pen drive in vuplus/duo

turn duo off, plug pen drive into front usb on duo and turn on from the mains

couple of mins later all done :)

note my duo is genuine, but as you have latest v2 clone you can install 1.7.2 fine

Thanks for that mate will give it ago later as got the files kindly from big hol . Do you know if i can use a portable Hd to update or does it have to be pen.

Thanks for that mate will give it ago later as got the files kindly from big hol . Do you know if i can use a portable Hd to update or does it have to be pen.

Seen a few of your earlier posts mate you are already running the latest 3.1.1 Kernel on your V2.0 Duo that is what the V2.0 means it has already been upgraded for you.

You may as well go staright to Blackhole 1.7.3 if thats what your going to install i have it running on my Clone now and its Great, flash via USB Pen drive

Ive just installed 1.7.2 a hour ago :-( Where do you find 1.7.3 and is there away to install and keep all my current channels and plug ins? Cheers

Ive just installed 1.7.2 a hour ago :-( Where do you find 1.7.3 and is there away to install and keep all my current channels and plug ins? Cheers

LOL its available from the vu-community forum, yes you can do a personal backup of all your settings in the menu of the black hole image

Back