whats the best anti virus spyware package

deano

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i need antivirus package was going to download telepests pc guard but with the programs i have dont want them snooping on my pc anyone know of cheap solution have tried avg free but run out any help would be grate deano: spook :

I dont know what people think of Windows defender..May be i will find it out after writing this post myself..Thats what i am using as spyware cleaner and i think its pretty good.

For god sake dont d/load the telewest pc guard ive heard its a nightmare,people saying their pc have buggered up and all.......... go for the kaspersky one m8 top AV :)

Yeh i run Kaspersky and its good but still lets some spyware in so download A2 and run that to get rid of any more spyware I also still run adware, I dont think there is one program that will get rid of all spyware but run them 3 and it should be ok

For god sake dont d/load the telewest pc guard ive heard its a nightmare,people saying their pc have buggered up and all.......... go for the kaspersky one m8 top AV :)

I fix pcs for a living and believe me that is right!! A lot of people seem to be able to use it fine, and even like it, but I wouldnt ever put it on, and a load of people come to with with virues that should not be there if it was working right, so I would stay clear!

You can do a free scan here: http://a1pcrepairs.co.uk/virus-1.html and it removed any virues it finds for you! - Free!

I've been using AVG for a while now and I like it as the software is free and the interface is very simple.

There is a new version out as the previous version has expired (I think or is going to expire).

I also find that using firefox helps with preventing pop ups and is also considered to be a lot more reliable than ie and also you can get loads of weird and wonderful extensions (basically means you can configure your browser to your needs as there are thousands of extensions). You should check it out unless you are already using it......lol.

Nod 32 is good , but voted best for 2006 is Bit Defender , you can get this off mininova.org also Avast , which you can also get off the obove site the Pro version you want with a built in scrip blocker .

Back