What your IP address reveals about you

we can see the ip addys for new registrations but not for members, they get deleted; i'm not sure what the time frame is, might be a couple of months.

so yes we can ip ban a spammer or a new member, but wouldnt have the ip for a more long term member

Eva, that statement is incorrect. Even if we did ban IP's that is not effective nowadays sue to proxies and ISP's having dynamic IP allocation.

honesty over naivety,,,,

AE

What do you mean nara?

If you are saying we do store IP's you are wrong. We do NOT store IP's, we have no need for them?

I think nozzer actually gave the most honest answer.

The server may not store IP addresses, but there's nothing to stop admin keeping their own personal records of "troublesome" members.

The OP quoted the phrase "Yeah, we're watching you." This does happen, here and elsewhere.

My use of the word "honest" was perhaps unfortunate, as it suggests the opposite of dishonest. My apologies.

"Transparent" would have been more appropriate. There's nothing to hide or for anyone to worry about. A lack of transparency just muddies the water.

Eva, that statement is incorrect. Even if we did ban IP's that is not effective nowadays sue to proxies and ISP's having dynamic IP allocation.

yeah made sense at 3 am but doesnt this morning :err:

will have to get a breathalyser for the pc, dont read threads wrong when i'm drunk!

Last edited:
it be useful o store ip addresses. i remember once i asked one of the staff members when i werent a mod if my account was accessed from another country only 24 hours ago and the answer was that they dont know.

but tbh, i wouldnt worry about ip addresses. id be more worried about your facebook profile lol. from that i can get your full name, your familys details, what you are doing now what you did before and your future plans. i can find out what you have for brekkie lunch and dinner. i can tell which hole you fart out of, i can see when you will be home or when you go holiday or work. and i dont even have to ask for it.
as for account being private thats no use.
i will just sign up as a girl and put a nice profile pic of myself as a fit blonde lol and you will come running offering me all them details.

Back