what to do?

mad

Inactive User
Reaction score
hiya guys
please can you help? I have got my dbox2 nokia it is in debug mode and has neutrino installed it also has enigma on it. the image on start up is called yadi. the menu's are all in english. ihave all the cables and prog i think!!
THE QUESTION. i read the tut but i cant make out where i should jump in and what i should flash to the box
maybe i bit off more than i can chew!!

thanks for any help
ps i am in the n*l south west
MAD

you need a crossover cable and set your network settings from box to pc and vice versa. You need flash fxp or similar to ftp files across from pc to box.
You need a working image. i.e boxcracker or next generation to replace yadi as it has no soft cam. You need a services xml file for your area or if you cant get one you need a cables xml set up and do a service scan. But most of all you need to read all the posts and tuts in the dbox section.
Its not that difficult. But its not that difficult to fook it up either.

Hope this helps

I've just started to venture down the dBox2 route myself. I've read a lot of good information on here, but sometimes for a newbie it can be a little difficult to piece it all together, and sometimes it can be a case of information overload.

Of course there are a number of great documents and threads out there, but personally out of all the things i've read so far, i've attached the one that I felt made the most sense to me. It's only my view, but see how you get on with it. It's been written with T*W in mind, but i'm sure the procedure is the same regardless of service provider, just a different file to use (please correct me if i'm wrong).

Hope i've been of some little help.

a_kerr thats the tut i used and it got me up and running.

Ian, I know you've helped me in the past, and it's much appreciated. In fact it was partly your advice that persuaded me to ditch my problem Pace box and go for the Nokia dbox2.

I'm still waiting for my new box to arrive so there's no immediate hurry, but since I believe we are from the same area is there any chance you could sort me out with the required files/images. Much appreciated as always.

Back