What the hell is it with staffy's and farting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sargie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Every night guaranteed does my staff go on a fart-athon lol. It's terrible i never hear my lab let rip nor smell it.

He is laid there now asleep trumping like no body's business.

Do they eat the same food? and does the staffy eat faster, does he tend to gobble his food down?

maybe try the charcoal biscuits?

lol mate...boxers are the same..
we have 2 , and they stink the house out every night ...SBD..fizzle arses

yeah same dried food plenty of water, Very little treats just raw hide bones twice a week to combat chewing problems.

Reading around it seems it's common with staffs and other certain breeds.

I know this thread is a little rediculous but i just can not believe how bad it is.

hahhah good to hear we not the only one with this problem our dog a half staff labrador cross. called ELLIE .

( not ellie1998 as he has asked me to point out, tho he trumps at times too, and that is where the elllie1998 comes from. should have been 1999 which was the year he got her but silly wally put the wrong year .)

our dog farts like nobody's business. we have soooooo many cans of air freshners in the living room , your never more than an arms lenght away from one, and believe me you dont wanna be. !!

seriously smells like somethings died up her back side at times. and we give her dry food only too.

oh to have a pet eh xx

our sneaky fecker likes to sleep in our bed (we dont let her) its her only objective to get under the covers, at night we lock her out in the hallway but obviously sometimes (when pissed) we forget and she sneaks in, and quite a few times now ive woken up with my arm round her lol so we shout at her to get out eventually she trots off down under the covers and as a parting gift drops a WMD under there before scutlling off to her bed........BITCH!

top dog though.

our sneaky fecker likes to sleep in our bed (we dont let her) its her only objective to get under the covers, at night we lock her out in the hallway but obviously sometimes (when pissed) we forget and she sneaks in, and quite a few times now ive woken up with my arm round her lol so we shout at her to get out eventually she trots off down under the covers and as a parting gift drops a WMD under there before scutlling off to her bed........BITCH!

top dog though.

Yeah thats another thing with staffs they have to be in. Near you at all times i cant even go to the loo in peace anymore.

Our american bulldog was as bad when she was younger, we've changed her food as she has a dodgy tum, she's now on wainwrights salmon and potato, and it's nearly stopped her farting. Every now and again she'll just drop one to let us know she can, but thats about it.

its never the fart thats the problem, its the fallout afterwards.

it a guaranteed in our house come bed time everyone gets settled and boom the stink bomb goes off, good luck trying to get to sleep with napalm burning your nostrils.

sarg was that one of the things i forgot to mention when you was asking about staffies lol? my bad.

This thread is GOLDEN! Hahaha i'm just laughin my balls off here, keep em coming!

Is it a pup thing? My collie cross went though a phase of farting like feck lol.

Guys i must 2nd Coolnow's post,gem of a thread,cheered me up no end,not laughed so much in a long time, Thanx

believe it or not mine is partial to abit of chilli sauce, when we had problems with her chewing stuff (skirtings, doors, etc etc) i`d rub chilli power all over them, real hot shiit...........still chew em, ..........fresh pounded thai chillis, smudged on walls.........................still chewed..............got some of that spray shiit that stops pets chewing etc etc, pretty much like cs spray for dogs, i kid you not it comes in an atomiser which you just spray on walls, surfaces etc etc and no matter well we would do it, you inevitably breath the shiit it, i kid you not i`d make those wretch noises, "bluuRRGHH!", eyes streaming, nose snotting, really bad shit, in the midst of the this, the dogs trying to bite the spray and lickin it all of the walls...................i swear , shes got taste buds like lead.

maybe i should of stopped her lickin me toes, it might of made her imune lol.

incidently we stopped her chewing problem (nearly overnight) with this toy.

Nearly Indestructible Dog and Cat Toys - Durable, Tough Dog Toys | KONG Company

seriously within the space of a few days she stopped chewing, and now in 18 months shes only done it once of twice and that was in the first few weeks afterward since then nothing.

worth the cash.

Our dogs have the kong extremes i fill them with peanut butter or sandwich paste.

They love the rawhide knotted bones too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back