What should i look for ?

Joe1989

Inactive User
Reaction score
Im thinking about getting rid of the starview for one of these, They feachers look good but want i want to know is what do i look out for ?

I'v seen ones on flebay for a good price, but they have been refirbished should i stay away ?

What about clones is there such a thing?

oh i'v also seen sagem & nokia dbox whats the difrence?

and shout i stay away from dbox1 and just focus on dbox2?

anything else you think i need to know ?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Dbox2 is what you are after, you wont get a new one, they are all around the 5 year old mark or maybe older. And of course just use your judgement with Ebay sellers and go with the rep.

IMHO get a Nokia

Im thinking about getting rid of the starview for one of these, They feachers look good but want i want to know is what do i look out for ?

I'v seen ones on flebay for a good price, but they have been refirbished should i stay away ?

What about clones is there such a thing?

oh i'v also seen sagem & nokia dbox whats the difrence?

and shout i stay away from dbox1 and just focus on dbox2?

anything else you think i need to know ?

Cheers!

get a dreambox 500c m8. its same as the dbox2 but newer and 12 months manufacturers warranty. also lots of peeps on here has them and the support for it is growing day by day.

but its more expensive tho thats the problem :(

hold the phone i just looked and it works out about the same

Is there anything i need to worrie about/look for on these boxes clones?

Last edited:
cheers jaffa,

I had a quick look and then went to ebay and saw this

what do you think ?

Don't know enough about dreamboxes Joe to comment but I am sure icaicm or someone else will advise.

cheers jaffa,

I had a quick look and then went to ebay and saw this

what do you think ?
Too expensive for what is essentially a DM500 clone. Read below why the DM500 might not be the thing for you, though.

Don't know enough about dreamboxes Joe to comment but I am sure icaicm or someone else will advise.
The DM500 is not as good as the hype suggests. In fact, pound for pound, it's arguably worse than the Dbox2.

The DM500 has a hardware limitation which means it's borderline useless for recording, and there is currently a problem which prevents it from scanning and picking up certain channels. This is presumably a software issue, though that has not been conclusively established. In any case, it has never worked, and has yet to be fixed, although the channels can be added manually if you have a complete ready-made services.xml for your area.

Another problem is the weak tuner, which means many people will have to buy a signal booster.

Anyone thinking about a Dreambox should consider the DM600 instead. By all accounts, it has a better tuner, and doesn't have the hardware problem with regards to recording, but it's also considerably more expensive, though clones are rumored to be available soon. Support is very limited, though, and there are no Neutrino images available, only Enigma.

All things being even, Dbox2 beats DM500, and it still has better UK support, but a big point against it is its age, and the fact that the high demand means it's becoming harder and harder to get a good one.

Back