What is the best iptv box you can buy for english channels.

The Mag250s appear popular.
Personally, I'd buy an android box and download the various channels' apps and add XBMC too. A great around solution.

XBMC or Plex, and you can access most channels free, most iptv boxes need a sub to work and the prices are very high at the moment, mainly due to the uncertainty of c/s and Sky.

current prices for iptv on the mag-250 are a joke, you could nearly subscribe legally set against the prices they charge. I'd hold fire or get an andrioid or better still a raspberry pi with xbmc.

had a mag250 on test, yeh worked really well nice to navigate but prices are a little on the dear side :Cry:

had a mag250 on test, yeh worked really well nice to navigate but prices are a little on the dear side :Cry:

Why don't people just build a small PC?! Stream whatever you want then

everybody wants something small and black to fit in with the rest of rubbish under tv

everybody wants something small and black to fit in with the rest of rubbish under tv

Like a silent mini itx haswell build or something. Something that lets you stream anything, use any media player sw and lets you play fifa!

The mag 250 is the best for picture quality but as stated above subs are a joke. I have been trying to get my head round how to share a stream but just cant find the relevant info.

Hi Happydays
yes it supports play store, flash 11 and i run the BT sport app in android.
this box is well supported all over the net for custom roms, it plays 1080p in the xbmc Linux rom and is been devoloped to play within xbmc for android.
It runs at only 50% cpu and with 450mb of ram remaining and the temp it only just aired after 2 hrs of use.
I cant'n prase this box enough.

Can you test and see if this runs on it: NBC Sports

there is an android app for the us market as you need to be a us dish or cable subscriber and you get the service for free .
it is not available to sub to on its own .
you would need an american friend who does not use his on line service and would let you use it.
then you would need a good vpn service to log on and stream the games .

i have two brothers living in the states so thats the easybit. would any android tv box work?

i would think any android tv box would be ok not an expert on them but providing the app is ok for the os you should be fine .
if buying a new one i would say the quad cores would be a good choice been looking around for one myself and seen one with on off button on top which is good spec.
also a good vpn is best do not think smart dns works with it or unotelly .
one tip you will need to set the clock to american et time if using android or pc or no live events will show as available the same applies for a few overseas services as well as if you leave the time set to gmt london the time is incorrect for overseas broadcasts

Time settings DOh!!! maybe this was why I was having trouble before. I could get the page up but nothing was available.

Back