What is /app_home/PS3_GAME/ ?

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the /app_home/PS3_GAME/ is supposed to do?

When I click on it I just get an error.

1283680850-77.jpg

dont know much about the ps3 hack but i have done plenty of psp`s looking @ the folder mate isnt that where u could store your games or game files , just a shot in the dark really stating the obvious

its something to do with that new back up manager and hex file that lets you plays games with out a disk in the bluray drive, i can get games to show up in there but none of them will start up, but apparently not alot of games are compatible with that way of doing it yet,
i just have a disk in the drive as gave up on it

as everyone knows by now, the hack loads up the dev xmb, install package files obviously installs package files

but /app_home/PS3_GAME/ from what is basically if you copy over PS3_GAME folder to a usb hard drive it will launch from there, backup manager v2 (no-disc support) instead of mounting the folders to the bluray drive, it mounts it to a usb/PS3_GAME/

however as others said, compatibility is just pants and not worth it (at the moment)

its something to do with that new back up manager and hex file that lets you plays games with out a disk in the bluray drive, i can get games to show up in there but none of them will start up, but apparently not alot of games are compatible with that way of doing it yet,
i just have a disk in the drive as gave up on it

Cheers mate.

I'm using PSGrooPIC 1.3 and the old Backup Manager, am I supposed to have those options with older firmware and older software? :err:

however as others said, compatibility is just pants and not worth it (at the moment)

Are games that have been backed up with the original BM conmpatible with BM2?

I was going to install BM2 but I thought I'd ask first.

as everyone knows by now, the hack loads up the dev xmb, install package files obviously installs package files

Apparently it's nothing to do with the dev xmb. It is a seperatly developed hack so i read.

@ Sargie, until Ozmods come out and tell us the specifics all we can do it guess.

I've heard that it uses ripped code from a leaked Sony Debug Jig, then I've heard that it's not Sonys code at all, it's entirely original code that was created since hackers knew that the Sony Jig device existed, so they thought 'well if Sony can get access to the system via USB, then let us start playing around and see how it's done".

Personally I reckon it's a complete rip-off of the Sony Jig.

Having said that, if it is (a rip-off) and Sony have patched the hole, then how do they (Sony) now access the consoles that are sent back for repair? How do they Debug them? Have they coded up another Jig, Jig V2.0 ? :)

Are games that have been backed up with the original BM conmpatible with BM2?

I was going to install BM2 but I thought I'd ask first.

I've not tried it myself but assume that they will be, otherwise it kinda defeats the object of having a v2 :)

Cheers mate.

I'm using PSGrooPIC 1.3 and the old Backup Manager, am I supposed to have those options with older firmware and older software? :err:

you need the new b.u.m but also the new hex file for your device i think m8, but really int owt special at minute m8 as not alot of games work with it, but i suppose its something to mess with for abit lol,

you need the new b.u.m but also the new hex file for your device i think m8, but really int owt special at minute m8 as not alot of games work with it, but i suppose its something to mess with for abit lol,

So some of the BM1 ripped games aren't working in BM2?

I think I'll hold off for now. The PS3 is playing everything I ask it to just now, no need to rock the boat. :)

Does anyone know if XBMC is being ported to PS3?

For all you Sony Fanboys, XBMC is the defacto media player of all time. :)

So some of the BM1 ripped games aren't working in BM2?

I think I'll hold off for now. The PS3 is playing everything I ask it to just now, no need to rock the boat. :)

Does anyone know if XBMC is being ported to PS3?

For all you Sony Fanboys, XBMC is the defacto media player of all time. :)

im not sure whether its to do with how they got ripped oorr what to be honest, but im keping with the disk in the drive aswell, dunt bother me too much to be honest,

Back