What do you think of F1 so far?

rock

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I just wanted people's view on F1 this season. I think the tyre rule should be changed back to normal because the pit stops were a major factor in the strategy and please bring back the old qualifying format, I hardly ever watch the qualifying now because it's so boring.

What do you people think?

: motor :

much better than last season because that german not winning all the time :mexican:

there certainly has been more action and mixed results, making good viewing. I agree tho that the tyre rule is poo and the qualifying isn't as good as it used to be.
Ferrari are now looking stronger and Mclaren have crawled back to the top, so the season is going to get very mixed results and good action. I prefer the close results rather than a thrashing of the rest.

I think today's race was the best race this season, the last 20 laps kept you on the edge of your seat!

ooooo it's getting close at the front or has Ferrari just made a point, almost 2 seconds a lap quicker.... If there was somewhere to pass they would of won that one with ease.

rock said:
Hi,

I just wanted people's view on F1 this season. I think the tyre rule should be changed back to normal because the pit stops were a major factor in the strategy and please bring back the old qualifying format, I hardly ever watch the qualifying now because it's so boring.

What do you people think?

: motor :

ITV coverage has ruined F1.

San Marino GP was probably the closest finish in ages and they decide to stick an ad break on during the last 5 laps :mad: As for qualifying, they should bring back the 12 lap format on Saturday + Sunday single lap(fastest guy on Sat choses when to go out on Sun etc). At the mo, quali is more like a lottery with weather etc which makes it more luck than skill.

Also blue flags should be removed, i dont believe that backmarkers should park there cars up to let ppl thru, cars are not allowed to block anyway and if cant overtake a car 7s per lap slower you shouldnt really be driving.

Jeez i could go on n on but i won't - watch Moto GP instead, lots more excitement :)

Regards,

Morph

Morph said:
ITV coverage has ruined F1.....
I agree with that 100%

Shame because I do like Martin Brundles commentry, i find him funny, but generally i watch the coverage on european sat chans. Cant believe ITV would cut to adverts just at the end, crazy. No adverts on SBS via satellite :) The 2nd quali have been snubbed by itv and i believe this is a BIG influence on why people don't like the new qualifying formula. For me, i have to say it needs review but i still find it fun to watch but thtas because i'm watching it live and not just itv highlights after i've read the result.

For me you cant replace F1, and motogp will never be my interest. This season has been great even tho some rules are naff, and it now looks to get even better with Mclaren and Ferrari back in the mix. Hey, not forgetting Button and BAR for the mid-range fun. But yeah maybe i'm lucky to have an alternative to ITV coverage, they really have lost me as a viewer.
:Cheers:

the ferrari was on form this weekend we will need to keep our eyes on him.

You are right it was absolutely ludacris to put an add break in the the most important part of the race, the adds always annoy me but I have no choice I have to watch it on there.

Lets hope the F1 season gets better and better!

The add break timing sucks, typical itv,
dont write off ferarri just yet they have started the season like this before then blitz the field.

GO GET EM JENSON.

At last they are going to change back to the old qualifying format :).

Now all they need to do is change back to normal pit stops!

Back