Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What chip for aging PS2 (V3)

hawkish

VIP Member
VIP Member
has ne1 chipped a V3 PS2? whats the one to use? - (i can solder a pinheads at 1000 paces so no probs installing) looking for actual user input if poss.

thanks in advance

I've fitted a DMS4 to a V4 No-gap, and recently did a V15 (got it at asda when they were £50) with a Matrix Infinity chip

Really like the Matrix Infinity, quite easy to install, managed to do it even with my soldering bit falling to bits.

Get it from this place, can't recommend them enough, really quick with sending etc, alot more than can be said about GameWorldDirect

http://ghost2fitter.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=200

Its a genuine Matrix Infinity aswell not one of these clones that dont take newer firmware :)

h2o

here's a pic for v3 with a h2o modchip ..not too hard to fit ..this chip has less wires than most other mods and is a very reliable when booting the backups..cost around £10 to £15 cheap and cheerfull....

here's a pic for v3 with a h2o modchip ..not too hard to fit ..this chip has less wires than most other mods and is a very reliable when booting the backups..cost around £10 to £15 cheap and cheerfull....

if your doing a v3 the bios wires can be soldered under neath, on the bios chip itself making it very easy.
Its a judus chip diagram I know these are no longer available but good of showing the bios pinouts

: shocked2

Last edited:
Back