What affects BER?

ruddyrum

Inactive User
Reaction score
I dont know what has happened, but two or three channels have become unwatchable on astra 19.2E

The SNR is above 85 on all channels, apart from on these 3 it is around 76.
The AGC is 86 on all channels.
The BER is what really differs... on all channels it is at 0 but on these three channels it is between 15 and 17000

What can cause this, as there has been no change to my physical setup!

hi

Dect phones, wireless routers baby monitors, basically any thing thats digital and wireless can affect picture quality on an otherwise seemingly good signal. Usually it will effect a bouquet or a couple on certain frequencies. Mostly the interference gets into the coax so usually a good quality shielded coax can help cut down on interference.

Hope this helps.

Yoinker

Thanks, but everyting was working fine a few days ago. so i doubt it is my wirless connection. The problems are on german channels Sat1 and Pro 7 ... is anyone else having issues? Perhaps it is just the transponder!?

it could even be that a neighbour has a new mobile phone (orange seem the worst) or a new radar detector on their car (these play hell with satellite)

could be a split in the coax has allowed moisture to get in, a spider in the feedhorn of the LNB

"spider in the feedhorn of the LNB"

lol... i checked the dish, lnb etc and the red light on my motor was not blinking! disconnected the coax cables and plugged them back in and the light started flashing again. Channels are working fine once again.

God knows what the problem was... Probably those bloody spiders using my dish as a playground!!!

Back