What 7 seaters are there?

krazylegz

Inactive User
Reaction score
As above I'm after a new bundy bus ( 7 seater ), but not sure what to get.

Currently I have a 2.2 petrol zafira, which is a tad on the small side also next one needs to be a diesel or lpg variant.

I know about the ford galaxy, vw sharan, seat alhambra, Mitsubishi shogun, Volvo xc90, renault espace, merc ml series, kia sedona, chrysler voyager......

I'm swaying towards either the ford galaxy or Volvo XC90, more so the volvo with it being a 4x4.

Is there any more i've forgot? I'm willing to spend about £7k...... Once I've finished saving it lol.

I used to drive a Ssangyong Rodius, ugly as sin but the best 7 seater I have driven. Will take 7 adults comfortably and still have boot space, Mercedes engine, gear box and brakes.
Check which emmissions they are giving out, some of them fall into the £400 a year tax bracket.
I think the model we get here is sold as a 11 seater in Korea, dam skinny bast**ds.

I've had an s-max for around 3 years now. Its built on the same platform as mondeo and galaxy. 3rd row is a bit smaller then galaxy and you get a bit less space behind the 3rd row as the seats lean back a bit more. The fold flat system is very very good. Only problem is the ride is a bit firmer but the flip side it really handles well. The diesel is a must, petrol version feels underpowered and thirsty.

Krazylegz, you say you are swayed towards 4x4 and you are looking a £7K (2nd hand) then why not consider an Isuzu Trooper or a Nissan Patrol. Both are large and roomy (much more space than a Shogun) and both can be bought as petrol or diesel, with the petrol models being able to be converted to lpg with underslung tanks. Both are great in 4x4 mode and they can both tow just about anythink out there without much effort and they are reliable.

Never thought of those, what reg do they make the troopers upto as the youngest I've seen is about 2002, and the patrols seem rare, only one on auto trader..... I may save the extra £1k for a pathfinder though, forgot about those bad boys

Sent from my iPhone using fingers n thumbs

We have a vw sharan 1.9tdi 35-40mpg it's the carat so top of the range, fully loaded really comfy and the engines are bullet proof if looked after. Ours is a 1996 we picked it up for £700 and it's mint went through this years mot only needing 2 front flexy brake pipes cost me 20 quid and fitted them myself.

There is a vehicle you may not have considered at all.
Vauxhall Vivaro Crewcab Panel van.
You get 6 seats, a massive boot ( its a van varient after all).
We use theses at work and they are pretty good, most will do 200,000miles without any major problems.
They are really comfy to drive, with lots of cup holders and cuby holes its just as practical as any people carrier.
Not that bad on fuel either (we can get 38mpg around town) and up to 57mpg on Motorway driving.
Most are 1.9 Engines, which are ok, but if you want real Car beating acceleration then try the 2.5CDTI Sportiv (air con , Electric everything)
Had one on hire and i did not want to give it back, A real license looser if your not careful,lol

Never thought of those, what reg do they make the troopers upto as the youngest I've seen is about 2002, and the patrols seem rare, only one on auto trader..... I may save the extra £1k for a pathfinder though, forgot about those bad boys

Sent from my iPhone using fingers n thumbs
Hi krazylegz, yes you are right about the Troopers they stopped production in 2002 but I would still recommend them they are great motors, my wife and I both used to run them and they never let us down.

There is a vehicle you may not have considered at all.
Vauxhall Vivaro Crewcab Panel van.
You get 6 seats, a massive boot ( its a van varient after all).
We use theses at work and they are pretty good, most will do 200,000miles without any major problems.
They are really comfy to drive, with lots of cup holders and cuby holes its just as practical as any people carrier.
Not that bad on fuel either (we can get 38mpg around town) and up to 57mpg on Motorway driving.
Most are 1.9 Engines, which are ok, but if you want real Car beating acceleration then try the 2.5CDTI Sportiv (air con , Electric everything)
Had one on hire and i did not want to give it back, A real license looser if your not careful,lol

ooo i'd like one of those!

Back