Welsh Rarebit Recipe

Utopie

Inactive User
Reaction score
Never tried making it before. Used this recipe today and it was d-vine... I halved the recipe and just used normal mustard as I didn't have the powder...

going to get wife to try that sounds really nice. :)

Piece cake to make as well, hardly any harder than basic cheese on toast... Will be making this from now on...

I always thought welsh rarebit was just cheese on toast im going to make that now sounds like good hangover food.

Edit: Just eaten mine, i used cathedral city cheese, wholegrain mustard and paprika. In all honestly it was not worth the extra effort involved imo. Don't get me wrong it was nice but not much different to cheese on toast flavour wise.

Last edited:
That sounds and looks divine have to give that a go wonder if you could do it like egg bread and fry it mmmmm.

We had good old eggy bread for breakie this morning, this sounds yum! might have to give it a go!

Finally got around to making this and it was lovely, but i changed the recipe a bit. I didn't use any mustard (cos i don't like it) and i just mixed the egg, cheese and cayenne chilli pepper together with a fork instead of separating the egg etc. So was a lot easier and quicker to make :)

was going to make it but no eggs in the house

so had to be Cheesy beans on toast instead

bung beans in micro for 2-3 mins while doing that

stick bread under grill, toast 1 side turn over add grated cheese and grill pour beans on top

and add either brown sauce or worchestershire Sauce and a little pepper or chilli flakes

luvvly not had it for years.

Last edited:
yes my husband ( ellie 1998) made this for me a while ago . we were botha bit alcohol inflicted at the time. but was very nice tho. have to get him to make it again for me i thinks. also. someone said about beans an cheese on toast, i like toast with spaghetti and grated sheese on top yummy xx

are you in seperate rooms?

ha . no actually our computers are next to each other in the living room. sad aint we,? a bit like people who text each other who are in the same room . sad. ...very sad .

Proper welsh rarebit dont have any of the extras on it. Just bang some worcester sauce on that bad boy. Trust me, thats welsh rarebit ;)

Back