Weird problem with Astratec box

cailean2k

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am getting a weird problem with a ASTRATEC TOPD2B with a topuptv card.

My folks decided to replace their old ondigital boxes with new ASTRATEC TOPD2B boxes. They used to swap the card between the old boxes (pace and phillips) depending which room they were using.

So I installed 2 new ASTRATEC TOPD2B boxes and they work great for freeview. (they also immediately did a software upgrade to 1.15.1). But when I inserted the topuptv cards I dont get access to topuptv. (the card is acknowledged as being inserted correctly)

If I put the card back in either the old pace or phillips box the topuptv works great.

Any ideas whats happening?

Sometimes the card 'locks' on to a certain box (or manufacturer), i have heard of this problem before.

Best thing to do would be call topup and ask. They may be able to send a 'change box' signal to your card.

I did eventually phone up topuptv technical line and they spouted some crap about the evaluation date being expired.

Not sure what this date refered to - the card (which worked fine on both the pace and phillips box) or to some setting on the ASTRATEC TOPD2B.

They told me to stick it on channel 5 for 30 min so they could send some signal to it.

Its now working.

Back