Website Project Ideas

lasor

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All

I am after a few ideas and suggestions. I have been asked to design a website for a friend and I am looking for some ideas of how to proceed. The site is basically a community site with a forum backend. Here are some of the requirements. The site will need to have the following

Photo Album Section
Video Section
Forum

Members hould beable to upload photos and if required make there photos private.

On the video side of things I dont want to host the video files, just link to them via youtube. However the video section should look simular to youtube.

Site will also include a content frontend for things such as news and events ect.

I have looked at several ideas such as vBulliten with vb advanced and also looked at joomla with may be a photo gallery component and video component.

If anybos has any suggestions or ideas please let me know..

Thanks

hi m8
not got any ideas but posted a great website builder in the downloads that will do the site for you.....hope this helps

try looking at phpBB, that might have a mod to do pictures aswell. But PHP looks like an obvious script language to use for this.

Hey,

If you are looking for forum software, phpBB is good, but I have found SMF better. (http://www.simplemachines.org/)

PHP as a language is growing from scripting to OOP and IMHO seems to be getting bloated in its attempt to be an enterprise language; the earlier version are still good for scripting.

There are lots of free photo album software on the net, just do a search and try all the ones which suit your requirements. There is no need to create your own stuff, you can just use the GPL software and then link them all together; I like to save time. :)

As for the video stuff, I haven't had the need to look for anything like that, its all depending on what you want. Maybe you will need to do some coding for that. If you are just displaying embedded utube stuff, it shouldn't take that long and its not going to be that hard.

Good luck.

Back