web streaming

warlord

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all

Not seen this mentioned on the 800se threads,

have you tried web stream from the web interface, i tried it the other day with a friend and it worked great.

He had full screen on his laptop via cabled internet and was clear and stutter free. We haven't tried any HD channels yet.

im on a virgin 50mb line with 5mb up so this may make a difference, but it was a no go on the dm800

any others tried it

warlord

ps Happy New Year All

Hi all

Not seen this mentioned on the 800se threads,

have you tried web stream from the web interface, i tried it the other day with a friend and it worked great.

He had full screen on his laptop via cabled internet and was clear and stutter free. We haven't tried any HD channels yet.

im on a virgin 50mb line with 5mb up so this may make a difference, but it was a no go on the dm800

any others tried it

warlord

ps Happy New Year All

lmao look like no one has tried it then, but i dont get why you didnt try HD first :nerner:

Yeah thanks for the post Warlord.

Yip it works quite well doesn't it and you can have much fun watching your dreambox back down the bottom of the road or garden come to think of it. (or other side of the world if you wanna!) streaming around your house etc.

It gets quite interesting for example when you want to put the dreambox on your xbox or windows media centre PC, it gets a bit hectic in the grey matter! lol....but you can get there with turs and that around the forum, stream the channels off out over the internet, I've only ever tried with ITV though as I'm only on free view.

How ever there amazing little boxes and you have a lot of "wow" and "woah" factors to come when you get your head around them.

Quite a great little machines they are.

Have fun and need any thing then just shout !

Cheers

Dibbs.

Last edited:
Thanks Dibbers mate

I thought it was strange that there where always post on the DM800 streaming and very few had success with it, me included.

But i just hadnt seen anyone mentioning it on the SE, maybe they just all gave up lol

Tried setting it up for me mate at work, he tested it there and was ok, but then he tried it at home and it was dropping out, his line spec is the same as works, but we all know about advertised speeds.

We will give it another go tonight :)

warlord

No problem, (I'm on the 80HD by the way) That's what they are like the ISP's, it's the "upload" speeds that cripple you, not so much the download speeds.

You can get servers to sit in between you and the outside world, where you would stream your upload to the server and they in turn are connected too some of the main backbones/hubs they then can push your picture out to many people with out the loss of quality, even up-scale it etc. so in affect your only uploading to one "machine" and that's doing and using all the bandwidth etc.

It's quite interesting and been there and done that and seen it all in action. The company's out there offer it for both video and audio, so like the radio stations that you tune into on line will be streamed as to speak, heck I think I had one of the guys at the "host" send me a "Yip it's working I can see only fools and horses when I was testing all them moons ago ;)

Have fun mate.

Last edited:
not sure if one exists already - can you give as short tut on this?

am on DBUK image

Cheers

I use it quite a bit to watch the footie when the missus is watching tv, hd is perfectly fine although ive only tried it on my wired gigabit connection so i suppose it should work lol

I've just set up mobile web streaming to my Desire HD from my DM800se, got to say i'm pretty impressed with it :)

Using AndroidDreamer off the Market and my media centre PC to transcode get a decent picture anywhere even on 3g

I use it quite a bit to watch the footie when the missus is watching tv, hd is perfectly fine although ive only tried it on my wired gigabit connection so i suppose it should work lol

I thought you could only watch two channels on the same band i.e. ITV1 and ITV2 rather than ITV1 and BBC1, unless you had two tuners?

I thought you could only watch two channels on the same band i.e. ITV1 and ITV2 rather than ITV1 and BBC1, unless you had two tuners?

I also have a sky box :)

I've just set up mobile web streaming to my Desire HD from my DM800se, got to say i'm pretty impressed with it :)

Using AndroidDreamer off the Market and my media centre PC to transcode get a decent picture anywhere even on 3g

internet streaming, now thats something i'd be interested in, i'm only streaming over lan

Last edited:
I've tried quite a few but really unless you have a good upload speed, which lets face it all the ISP's keep it at the lowest possible in the UK, it's fruitless, the quality will be unbearable, un-less as I say you use a "Provider" to upload the stream to and the to the web. VLC worked quite well, and then at the "business end" you could then open it up (the stream that was) in windows media player, Real Player etc.

Good luck, but for what you go through without great "upload speed" it's pretty darn poor, might be all right streaming back to your phone etc. as for monitors and TV's. Waste of time.

Have a look at this, there's loads out there though. (This is just one of the many tuts that I done and followed, I'll dig out some more some time)

HTML:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
restream-system.jpg

Last edited:
I've tried quite a few but really unless you have a good upload speed, which lets face it all the ISP's keep it at the lowest possible in the UK, it's fruitless, the quality will be unbearable, un-less as I say you use a "Provider" to upload the stream to and the to the web. VLC worked quite well, and then at the "business end" you could then open it up (the stream that was) in windows media player, Real Player etc.

Good luck, but for what you go through without great "upload speed" it's pretty darn poor, might be all right streaming back to your phone etc. as for monitors and TV's. Waste of time.

Have a look at this, there's loads out there though. (This is just one of the many tuts that I done and followed, I'll dig out some more some time)

HTML:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
View attachment 63256

Thanx mate I'll have a look at the guide :) my upload is 5mb so should be ok for sd to my phone when I'm out and about hopefully :)

Would love to get it going as my sister lives in Oz, woulod be great for her to be able to watch the footy and rugby from my box!

Has anyone managed to get either of these methods up and running ??

I stream my DM800se to my Android phone which I then connect to a HDMI socket on my telly, so I can lie in bed with my phone connected to the TV and have full control and watch whatever I like via the phone. Another plus is that the phone gets charged whilst your watching TV. :)

I can stream to my phone fine but would like to get the web front end for VLC in the link below setup so I can watch the footy off my Dad's motorised setup from wherever I am.

Stream live television from your dreambox to the internet » TheYOSH.nl

I got the websever setup, got the page loading which in turn loads the bouquets and epg info from my box but as soon as I try to stream a channel VLC crashes on the PC and stream fails.

I have been over the instructions a million times but never been able to get either of the front ends in mentioned in this thread to work.

have a look at the Tut that Wizz has just uploaded HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
Back