web sites

tommy gun

Inactive User
Reaction score
I was wondering if u boyz could give me a littel info on the best way to set up a web site. Now not one of toughs shitty family pic's ones (no offence to any one who has one by the way!!) :) . Im just looking for some hints and tips on how to go about it, any replys would be most welcome.

If your a bit of a beginner, and dont know much about webdesign, then you could try Freewebs (www.freewebs.com), they've got a really easy automatic sitebuilder, that'll let you make a decent website :)

First things first, build your site... Once you have got a site ready to upload you need to get yourself someone to host it... You can use a free hosting site but these usually have banners and pop ups or you can pay for hosting and have total control. You will have to google for some good cheap hosts if you want to go down this route... After all this is sorted you will probably want to setup a proper domain again quick google search and you will find loads of sites.

This is very basic info and iv been very vague but im sure its enough to get you started.

I know a programmer who just uses notepad to create websites, personally I use front page, easiest one around, then progress to dream weaver once you get the hang of things.
To host my websites I use clara.net as it is £30 a year with a domain name thrown in. really good service based in the UK

Capdan

you could learn HTML, and create a website in notepad, but it may be too hard, so u shud try Frontpage to start, like capdan said.

as for hosting, there are a lot of free webhosts that dont require u to have ads on your site, jus have a google ;)

capdan said:
I know a programmer who just uses notepad to create websites, Capdan
Used to use html progs but found they bloated the code too much ... now I just use notepad and hand code the html myself

I use frontpage and dreamweaver, both are simple to use and are wysiwyg (what you see is what you get) programs,

http://www.coastlandtech.com/

is where I host, I have 5 website with these guys and they have been very helpful with anything I have been stuck with...they cost $35 per year which is about £19 per year.

Back