Wayne Rooney apologises to England fans

Theres one player who has earnt my respect this world cup and he is Anelka, at least he had the balls to stand up to his manager who was getting it horribly wrong.

And whether right or wrong he disgraced himself in the process with what he actually said....even by his standards.

So winning 9 out 10 of our Qualifiers is not good ? and a sign that he has " proven nothing with England" then :wtf:

And you'll be happy if thats as good as it gets, I wouldnt care if we scraped through the qualifiers and performed during the actual tournament rather than the other way round.

I dont have a problem with the way England have played, against USA very good. Against Algeria awful, against Slovenia good so seems we have a mixed bag and rather peak later than now.

My problem is the focus on Wayne Rooney and how the nation seems to forget theres 11 players on a pitch at any one time not just Rooney.

Capello does not know how to get the best out of his best players, and equally the players cannot seem to perform under Capellos system. The fact the qualification went so well is down to the sheer amount of individuals in the team rather than the team playing well and against good and even great teams in the world cup it will begin to show unless Capello accepts he has to adjust his system to suit his key players like Gerrard and Rooney.

And whether right or wrong he disgraced himself in the process with what he actually said....even by his standards.

As far as I was aware he basically told the manager he had lost the players respect and they had no faith in him. Thats what I read from early statements anything else I do not know. So based on that, I dont blame him for saying what the team felt.

As far as I was aware he basically told the manager he had lost the players respect and they had no faith in him. Thats what I read from early statements anything else I do not know. So based on that, I dont blame him for saying what the team felt.

So you didn't hear that he called the manager a 'son of a whore' in training in front of the other players. Because that's the first thing I heard....quickly followed by the fact he'd been sent home.

Back