Wats your thoughts on the Acer revo

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
My daughters laptop is on its last legs and she needs a new one,her birthday is in may so dont wanna fork out on a new laptop especially as all she does is msn,youtube,bebo......... just got her a 22" lcd for xmas so she has a monitor and on my travels the other day i came across this Acer revo which is cheaper than a laptop....... wats your thoughts on it,watched a review on gadget show which showed the cheaper version at £199 and got good feedback on it...thought about getting the £259 version with dual core

Play.com (UK) : Acer Aspire Revo R3610 / Intel Atom Dual Core 330 1.6GHz / 2GB / 250GB / Windows 7 Home Premium / Nettop Desktop PC (92.NVEYZ.UNN) : Computing - Free Delivery

there ok, i did have one and sold it on there, the main issue is it will be slow no cd drive and the fact she cant take it many places with her

why not get her a wee netbook??

Sam

She doesnt want a small screen so a netbook is out of the question thats why i thought of this hooked up too her 22" lcd

aye i eman it kinda works is all, if you increase the icon size but then it messes with the net size

By all accounts the Atom struggles with Flash video. The dual core of the 330 helps, a little, but hardware acceleration is what is needed.

Now, the beta of Flash 10.1 suppoorts hardware acceleration (i.e. it passes much of the playback to the ION GPU). But it is only a prerelease...

Back