Water sample scam

Donnie Darko

Inactive User
Reaction score
Rather foolishly my elderly nan let some guy in the house who then took 2 water samples,and got her to sign some paperwork.
It was'nt the water board and we are unsure what has gone on.
I'm expecting them to return and attempt to fit some device after claiming the water is shit and charge her?return and distract her and an accomplice rob her?if that why did'nt they do it there and then?

any ideas

mate did she no get a copy of the letter ???
tell her to ask for id for everyone that comes to the door there are alot of bogus going aroing the now praying on old people then again could all b inocent

i would inform local cid see if they are aware of them.. set em up

No paperwork was left,the bobbies are coming out in the morning,my initial discussion with them implys a scam is involved.
The signed paperwork could involve garden maintenance to building repairs.
They target the elderly/bully them into thinking they have signed up for the work to be done.

We had the water board come to work to collect a sample last week. We didn't sign anything. They usually take samples if there has been a burst water main around the area. Try and see if there has been through your local newspapers etc. or ring the Water Board. It could all be innocent

my gran was scammed by these sort of folks
she had demetia and they told her that they had been working on the roof and in the garden. It happened quite lot
I think in total it was near £12000 went missing
the last one was the worse they pushedpassed her at the door and took £8000 for under her bed !!!!!
Told the police and cause she cant remember nothing can be done !

It is sick how people can go and do this to eldery people

Ed

edd said:
my gran was scammed by these sort of folks
she had demetia and they told her that they had been working on the roof and in the garden. It happened quite lot
I think in total it was near £12000 went missing
the last one was the worse they pushedpassed her at the door and took £8000 for under her bed !!!!!
Told the police and cause she cant remember nothing can be done !

It is sick how people can go and do this to eldery people

Ed

thats really bad feel sorry for her, the scums taking advantage like that, m8 if i was you i would install hidden camera's because. she cant remember and you never know it could happen again, yo can get good wireless camera's from ebay and just install it in clock or anything else, ideally at the entrance to the house and in her bedroom or where she keeps her valubles/money

here's one, camera hidden in a wall clock, and wireless transmission

h**p://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wall-Clock-Color-Pinhole-Wireless-Hidden-Camera-UK02_W0QQitemZ290003160132QQihZ019QQcategoryZ20589QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Donnie Darko said:
Rather foolishly my elderly nan let some guy in the house who then took 2 water samples,and got her to sign some paperwork.
It was'nt the water board and we are unsure what has gone on.
I'm expecting them to return and attempt to fit some device after claiming the water is shit and charge her?return and distract her and an accomplice rob her?if that why did'nt they do it there and then?

any ideas

ask the police or council for the footage(im sure the street cameras would've caught) and let the police investigate who it really was.

Never let anyone in.
First look through the door hole to see who it is.

Back