Wanted:- Heating controller back plate

Nelly

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi there, hope somebody can help me out here, I’ve spent most of the day trying to locate a universal back plate (also called a standard British gas back plate).
Whilst tiling the kitchen I have damaged the back plate to my Horstmann H37 heating program controller.
I can find plenty of sellers of the controller but not just the back plate, this is a standard item used across several brands of controller, (this plate has pins for 3 channels) if anybody has one for sale or know where I can get one it would be much appreciated.

[ame=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Horstmann-3-Channel-Central-Heating-Program-Timer-/150586514442?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Hearing_Cooling_Air&hash=item230fa7dc0a]Horstmann 3 Channel Central Heating Program Timer | eBay UK[/ame]
maybe get this cheap if u cant find back plate

had a word with my brother who's done deliveries for plumbing and central firm for years and he seems to think you wont be able buy just the backplate.maybe 2nd hand or faulty unit is your best bet

Hi there, hope somebody can help me out here, I’ve spent most of the day trying to locate a universal back plate (also called a standard British gas back plate).
Whilst tiling the kitchen I have damaged the back plate to my Horstmann H37 heating program controller.
I can find plenty of sellers of the controller but not just the back plate, this is a standard item used across several brands of controller, (this plate has pins for 3 channels) if anybody has one for sale or know where I can get one it would be much appreciated.

Give em a try here you may get someone with a sympathetic ear. Grovel and tell them how good the unit is but the casing accidently got broken.

Horstmann Controls Ltd

Try (NO FRILLS) I have seen some of these getting getting sold for peanuts as there all closing down soon.

Hi all thanks for the replies.

Firefox1965 as you said there impossible to find for sale, I am hoping some heating engineer reads this and has a few spare in there van possibly when they have upgraded or replaced a faulty unit, and would be willing to pass on or sell the plate to me.

Dw190 I had seen there website, but after your advice I have sent them an e-mail and am awaiting a reply, (here’s hoping).

Jooooles I have had a look through the links and so far they state there’s no back plate or don’t mention them at all, so I will have to pick a few out and start asking the question to make sure “its standard” if they have one.

Give em a try here you may get someone with a sympathetic ear. Grovel and tell them how good the unit is but the casing accidently got broken.

Horstmann Controls Ltd

Good news DW190, I have had a reply today, they are going to send me a replacment. :Clap:

+1 for Horstmann me thinks ........:banana:

Back