[WANTED] AC Solid State Relay

Got a few that look like the first, but they (mine) are on/off devices.
Is that all you want, or do you need control, in addition to switching ?

Cheers Dan I want to control power ie turn it onto full power then gradually decrease the power

Sent from 2 tin cans and some string

Cheers Dan I want to control power ie turn it onto full power then gradually decrease the power

Looked at mine, only rated @ 10A. Quick check on the bay, cheap ones from China, need bidding on, then carriage delay. Assume not acceptable.
Look at item no. 350721559568, UK and £7 ish, you would need two in parallel with common control, control circuit basic.
The bay ones are 25A, look around off the bay, and you may find a single one with adequate rating, cheaper than 2.
40A is peanuts in the power area, but someone willing to supply you on a one off basis may be the problem.
Can send you one of mine if you want one to play with. You don't mention whether you want manual decrease, or automatic time
reduction, control then more complex, but not much. you need to bear that in mind if searching.

Last edited:
Not kind of regulate a motor but regulate a water boiler with a 3kw and a 2kw element fast boil on 3kw then when the temp I needed swap elements to 2kw and control that one to what I want

Forgot to say that the thermostat will be disabled to achieve this

In a heating application I'd some sort of feedback and control for the relay, like a PID controller, then you can program the temperature and times and whatnot.

Not kind of regulate a motor but regulate a water boiler with a 3kw and a 2kw element fast boil on 3kw then when the temp I needed swap elements to 2kw and control that one to what I want

Got confused by you talking about a motor controller. Makes more sense now, but total boiler load is under 25 amps.

Is there any reason why an immersible thermostat, switching between elements, can't be used ?

Never looked for one, but situation must be common.

Back