want to try this xbmc

notanotherone

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
want to try this xbmc dont know what it entailes can you can you buy a boxx allready pre loaded with stuff?if so where?and what one does every one suggest

I would suggest installing it on your pc/laptop first to get used to it,you can even connect your laptop to your tv if it has the right connections,or even an android tablet m8

Last edited:
As above you can run it on PC or a Android box etc
I use both methods and both work good
Android box is a bit of a pain in the back side at first but once you get used to it its a breeze
You do have a remote control & a mouse but I use a normal mouse via the usb slot as it makes things much easier to type & navigate certain parts (mainly installing etc) then I just use the remote
boxes from £25 upwards will do.

Firestick mate .... unlimited support too !!!
Lots of nice folks on here to help you along your
Way

I would normally recommend a 2G RAM on an android TV box but if we are going for the cheapest boxes and competing with the fire stick then this box will do the job admirably

The other far more important reason why I recommend this box rather than the fire stick (not that the stick is not a fantastic buy) is because:

Only a few weeks ago a respected member bought one of these sticks and I was extremely disappointed because we were not able to help him to get it going

I like the fire stick very portable. Installing Kodi isn't that difficult but you have to keep the build small as it only has one gig of ram. You have to do update Kodi manually when a new version comes out. Personally I prefer my android box. More RAM more responsive. All my apps including Kodi update automatically. You can plug a hard drive in or stream your own content to it over your network. If you don't want to mess about setting Kodi up yourself. You can install any Kodi wizard build and it will cope with it. I would take wiz569 advice and have a play.

Just got into Kodi myself after having problems with another box that cannot be updated for H.265.

I went for a Tronsmart X5 Windows 10 box (don't like android) it's about the same size as the android boxes.

Came with a full licensed Windows 10 Home edition, so I can install anything I am used to using.

I thought I'd give Kodi a try, but I'm not a fan of all the nice graphics and menues so I usually use Total Commander to browse to me NAS to play stuff.

I do like the IPTV stuff in kodi and a few other things like Shoutcast radio.

It wont index my music collection, keeps stopping after the first 3 albums for some reason and I had a real pain of a time adding TV shows to the library because of the filenames (only played with this to see what the fuss was about).

Had to use kodi 16.0 beta to get it to play H.265 files, whereas potplayer and windows media player played them straight away from the windows desktop without installing any codecs. Also 1080p TV shows seem to look better when NOT played in kodi for some reason, probably settings.

getting the sound sorted in kodi was also a pain as I needed the passthrough option for my amp to use DTS, but this made the sound cut out for a few seconds at the beginning of each show. But windows was setup correctly for 7.1 surround and all the speakers worked as they should.

Gotta say I'm very impressed with this little windows box though. I like that I can update the codecs as new ones are used, dunno if you can do that on Android, but it was the reason I stopped using my old mede8tr box as it was Realtec based and the codecs on the chip.

Back