Vu solo2 Lonrisun latest images

chrisnasah

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone tried images created in the german board for lonrisun? Reading on the forum it seems they are working OK?

VU+ Solo²

Also does anyone the link to VIX plugins, I believe they have a section where we can manually download plugins.

Thanks

If you have a Lonrison clone with v4 flash there are images in download section of this forum that I have uploaded.

If you got around to buying that Sunray clone you mentioned few weeks ago then you need to visit dreamoem website.

excellent thanks, didn't realise you had worked on creating some images, I couldn't see them in downloads section.

Sunray working good but got this version too. Might try to get rid of it and purchase another sunray.

Was hoping to get xbmc working on this but I believe due to older drivers this might not work.

Sorry, yes they are here for Lonrison clone but it has to be v4 flashed as that's all they've been tested on.

As for XBMC or animated screens for that matter then that isn't possible without xbmc drivers. Your Sunray will be fine as the xbmc patched drivers are safe for Sunray and a few Solo2 SE's but most other clones (including most SE's) will not accept Sunray images.

@ketmp, I revived my box after I replaced the flash chip.
For your info, I'm using your V4 backup, and its working a charm mate!
Thanks for this, much appreciated ketmp.....: thanks :
Sorry, yes they are here for Lonrison clone but it has to be v4 flashed as that's all they've been tested on.

As for XBMC or animated screens for that matter then that isn't possible without xbmc drivers. Your Sunray will be fine as the xbmc patched drivers are safe for Sunray and a few Solo2 SE's but most other clones (including most SE's) will not accept Sunray images.

Last edited by a moderator:
is it not possible to use the drivers for xbmc from the ones created for sunray?

is it not possible to use the drivers for xbmc from the ones created for sunray?
The security chip of your box, it appears, may not like sunray patched drivers.

thanks for the clarification, wasn't sure what the main difference between them was.

Has anyone tried images created in the german board for lonrisun?
Which forum do you mean?
deb - digital eliteboard?

If so:

I was using d2zs OpenATV 4.2 images from there but now I have made my own one (Which I also uploaded there).

Reading on the forum it seems they are working OK?
Haven't seen any image which does not work so far.
They all work as long as you use the proper image variant for your box (e.g. V4 for V4 boxes).

The main difference is how much effort the maker spent into making the image safe for online updates.

Within my image, the drivers are write protected and drivers+kernel got their version numbers artificually increased so that they will never receiver update attempts.
Everything else however can be updated and I do that almost every day.

The main difference is how much effort the maker spent into making the image safe for online updates.

Within my image, the drivers are write protected and drivers+kernel got their version numbers artificually increased so that they will never receiver update attempts.
Everything else however can be updated and I do that almost every day.
I have done the same for my images I've uploaded here and always do.

What is unknown is when there is a Kernel change from 3.13.5, as these protections may not apply because drivers are saved depending on what kernel is being used. That's why I personally advise against doing online update unless it's known that kernel hasn't changed.

Also, some features that require the newer xbmc drivers aren't working on v4 boxes because of the old drivers but apart from that images are stable I've uploaded.

Last edited:
What is unknown is when there is a Kernel change from 3.13.5, as these protections may not apply because drivers are saved depending on what kernel is being used.
Thus the artificially increased kernel version.
30.13.5 (Changed from 3.13.5) is higher than the Linux kernel will ever get during the next years, so opkg upgrade should never ever upgrade the kernel to 3.15.27 or whatever, as opkg would consider that a downgrade ...

There is one drawback for this protection though:
As inside the opkg lib nothing really matches anymore, you will probably also have problems installing additonal and harmless kernel modules (e.g. modules for certain USB tuners).

That's why my next image will contain the same kernel revision as the original image (3.13.5-r4.7) but compiled with the last pre-xbmc/-gles kernel config of 3.13.5-r4.6.

Thus the artificially increased kernel version.
30.13.5 (Changed from 3.13.5) is higher than the Linux kernel will ever get during the next years, so opkg upgrade should never ever upgrade the kernel to 3.15.27 or whatever, as opkg would consider that a downgrade ...
There is a v4 kernel released a few days ago but obviously still in RC stage. This isn't expected to be released until summer. Therefore, like you said it will likely be at least a year (but probably longer) before VU update their Kernel (if they do) to v4.

I've been trying to add XBMC to my Lonrison V4.

What will it take to be able to do this?
Can't I just take certain drivers from the originals and could that possibly brick my machine if I tried?

You would need to create a new driver set for Lonrisun boxes.
Create =
1. Take old Lonrisun drivers and reverse engineer
2. Apply functionally identical patches to current Vu+ drivers
3. Enjoy ;)

Let us know when you are done ;>

I hate to sound stupid but how do I create a new driver for a Lonrison Box?

I'm guessing this takes alot of time and programming :-S

Thanks for your quick reply.

Drivers are created by VU, the company that your clone is based of, and then your clone manufacturer is meant to patch this driver to make it work with their (lonrison) clone box.

Back