VU+ Solo2 clone story

BentB

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have read quite a few post on the Solo2 and its Chinese clone, but in spite of my searching this forum I have not found out what the story really is. So I have a couple of questions in this connection:

1. What is the difference between the genuine and the clone - apart from the differences listed in the posts that describe the differences found on the packaging?

2. Why is it a problem to have a clone? (Not that I have one, I'm convinced mine is genuine)

I hope someone can enlighten me. If I have missed a post that tells the story then please forgive me and point me to it.

Regards,

Bent

What's there to get? Its a cheaper copy and that's why people buy it! Until Vu+ bring out updated drivers that stop the clones from upgrading drivers, It acts in the same way as an original Solo2.

I have read quite a few post on the Solo2 and its Chinese clone, but in spite of my searching this forum I have not found out what the story really is. So I have a couple of questions in this connection:

1. What is the difference between the genuine and the clone - apart from the differences listed in the posts that describe the differences found on the packaging?

2. Why is it a problem to have a clone? (Not that I have one, I'm convinced mine is genuine)

I hope someone can enlighten me. If I have missed a post that tells the story then please forgive me and point me to it.

Regards,

Bent

If you need to be enlightened then don't buy a clone.
i have both genuine and clone solo 2 boxes i can see no difference between them..I could not pick out the clone if both boxes were side by side.only difference i see is the price a clone is near half the price for the same spec box doing the same job perfectly as if it were not a clone.

I have a chinese clone and it seems to be working fine....it does crash occassionally when trying to update various things but that could be of the software/drivers.

One word of caution though....the remotes on the clones are of inferior quality. they look the same but the buttons need to be pressed harder and they can stick. The buttons also click very audibly! There is also no option to control your tv with the clone remotes, so factor in about £25 to buy a genuine remote if you need to control your Tv or are fussy about your remote control experience!

Back