Vodafone NOW unlocking phones for free

Ramtec

Inactive User
Reaction score
If you have a Vodafone Mobile that is locked, vodafone will now unlock them for free give CS a call on 191

They just need your IMIE number type *#06# on the handset

worth a punt

AFAIK this is only if the handset is over 12 months old - if it isn't it's a £20 fee ?

Is this still the case ?

AFAIK this is only if the handset is over 12 months old - if it isn't it's a £20 fee ?

Is this still the case ?

not the handset mate the sim/ mobile number has to be over 12 months.

Just did this. All they wanted to know was if the contract commitment on the phone had been fulfilled. They asked for the imei, presumably verified the contract was done, and then gave me the code.

I would say it's easiest to do via a landline with the phone to hand as if you haven't entered one of these codes before the way they tell you to enter it can be a bit confusing. E.g. I had to clarify if they were asking me to enter 4 stars or press the star key 4 times to enter 'p'.

Yeah, be careful with this one as a lot of the posts on the Internet imply that you can do this whilst still in your contract period.

After a friend phoned up and tried it I'm pretty sure it is only after your contract has run out that it is free! I've done it twice after contract and never been charged.

Out of curiousity I phoned Virgin, I bought an Ericcson 510i PAYG from them a while back. They asked me for the IEMI number and two days later I got a letter with the codes and instructions on how to unlock which worked great.

most of the phone are subsidised with the contract etc so i am sure they are obliged by law once they have recovered the initial cost via contract etc they have to do this if asked.

most of the phone are subsidised with the contract etc so i am sure they are obliged by law once they have recovered the initial cost via contract etc they have to do this if asked.

They are m8 ;)

This has always been the case. Once your contract is up you are the legal owner of the phone. They have to provide you with the NUC once your contract is up and they can not charge you for it.

:)

Back