Vix Vu duo Internet Problems

did you have to reboot your router when this issue occured i.e: did it cause your router to crash ? Im just wondering if that version of the softcam was somehow sending dodgy traffic to the router on the port conencted to the VU causing the router to lock up the port or crash...hence it stopped replying to DHCP requests etc on that port..

did you have to reboot your router when this issue occured i.e: did it cause your router to crash ? Im just wondering if that version of the softcam was somehow sending dodgy traffic to the router on the port conencted to the VU causing the router to lock up the port or crash...hence it stopped replying to DHCP requests etc on that port..

I first tried an IP address within my routers DHCP, the same thing happened when I used an IP address outside my Routers DHCP address. The Router doesn't crash at all it just loses the Duo internet connection. I then enabled DHCP within the Duo and input a fixed static IP address within the Router, and again same thing. I've changed the incoming port within newcamd.list a few times to see if that helps, been on a high port, been a low port, doesn't make any difference.

Logs (L) line is disabled to 00 in mg_cfg, so it's not like the log file is filling up internal flash either. It's just really strange m8, can't get my head around it

I first tried an IP address within my routers DHCP, the same thing happened when I used an IP address outside my Routers DHCP address. The Router doesn't crash at all it just loses the Duo internet connection. I then enabled DHCP within the Duo and input a fixed static IP address within the Router, and again same thing. I've changed the incoming port within newcamd.list a few times to see if that helps, been on a high port, been a low port, doesn't make any difference.

Logs (L) line is disabled to 00 in mg_cfg, so it's not like the log file is filling up internal flash either. It's just really strange m8, can't get my head around it

Your VU is physically cabled with Cat5/e to the router or is it wireless ? Im thinking if it's wired the Softcam might be sending random rubbish traffic to the router causing the ethernet port the router is plugged into to lock up and stop responding...so you loose connection to the VU.

Your VU is physically cabled with Cat5/e to the router or is it wireless ?
Wired m8.

Im thinking if it's wired the Softcam might be sending random rubbish traffic to the router causing the ethernet port the router is plugged into to lock up and stop responding...so you loose connection to the VU.

If this is the case, I don't see why the Ethernet port would allow a connection, straight away, and work with an instant when I plug into a laptop.

But... How would I go about confirming this with wire shark or something, never used it, or does someone have a solution? Could it be something to do with my Configs?

Cheers,

Even stranger, if I do a full new flash from USB, and only install Mgcamd, and no other plugins, even updating channel list by DBE and not Rats plugin. It all works and no internet disconnections so far.

Back