virus reader_S

jammoboss

Inactive User
Reaction score
This virus seems to be new, i saw a few post whilst searching using google that this came out in feb this year and even though people have formatted several times they cant seem to get rid of it. It appears in your windows\system32 and in your documents and settings\your name amd HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run).

You can delete it but it reapears on boot up, it replaces several system-files, like NDIS.SYS. I also discovered that it created a rootkit.

i have read that even if you remove it, it logs your IP from somewhere else and download itself to my computer every time I connect to the internet, which would make sense why it reapears when your completly wipped your hard drive or even replaced it.

The internet connection starts of at a good speed then slows right down ending with no connection even though the modem light are continously busy.

Anyone had this trouble and is there a way to fix it?

jesus fella your using pc guard!! when you sort this one out get shot of it and its bollox firewall if your using it. pc guard has always had problems running with any other security software and that aside its just plain ka ka. manofscience has given you some good programs and im sure adaware will nail it. i take it your media player is wmp?? thats how it got in. its a trojan that acts as a codec and is a nasty bastard. i would also uninstall any codec pack loaded afterwards and change your wmp settings by not allowing it to get internet access. anyway good luck and keep us posted...

apologies fella i got dat one wrong!! i dont think its a trojan, from info i could find it appears it may be a worm but im still looking around for more info.il post an update when i find summit. sorry...

i dont use pc guard all the time, i was just seeing if having that on in the backround when scanning the hard drive with malewarebyters caused the rb.tmp files to appear in the recycle bin. i use zone alarm and a few others.

Back