Video of police pulling protester from wheelchair

Captin

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Quite clearly being in the middle of the road with no-one but his brother with him, he was such a big threat he had to be physically dragged out of his wheelchair and dragged across the road.

Some b'stards should be up on a charge for this regardless of weather he want to personally press charges.

Video footage of a protester apparently being dragged from his wheelchair by police and pulled across a street has emerged amid claims the police used disproportionate force in dealing with student demonstrators last week.

Jody McIntyre says he was the victim of unprovoked action by the police who appear to pull him from his wheelchair.

The Metropolitan police have responded to the video and released the following statement:

"In connection with the incident shown on you tube of a tuition fees protestor in a wheelchair, the Met Police confirm the man involved Jody McIntyre has not launched an official complaint. The issue has been referred by the Met Police to Directorate of Professional Standards - The Met Police will contact Jody McIntyre directly."

BBC News - Video of police pulling protester from wheelchair

Now whilst I don't agree with the police using any form of violence, especially on a clearly disabled person. I also disagree with the students protesting.

How many of them ever actual end up repaying their 'student loan'. They are more like grants than loans.

How many of them ever actual end up repaying their 'student loan'. They are more like grants than loans.

Sorry I do not agree with that as I am paying back and its going to take me over 12 years to pay back

yip police being out of order hope these officers get time for this offence
as if this was anyone else out of uniform i am sure there would be holiday
granted from the queen

Now whilst I don't agree with the police using any form of violence, especially on a clearly disabled person. I also disagree with the students protesting.

I didn't want this thread to be about if the students are right or wrong, or anything about the actual reasons for protesting, that is for another thread.

This is about the way in which a disabled person was badly treated.

I didn't want this thread to be about if the students are right or wrong, or anything about the actual reasons for protesting, that is for another thread.

This is about the way in which a disabled person was badly treated.

Thats fine, I understand. Just expressing my opinion.

I also saw another video on youtube of a 'riot squad' member not displaying his number as it turns out he wasn't a police officer. -

YouTube - Riot officer with no identifying lapel number at London student protests 9th Dec 2010

I think every student is a credit to this counrty and they are doing the best thing processing by keeping universitys open to everyone.

After all the demonstrations, damage ect and the government still puts up the uni costs proves they listen to no one but them self's.

If this country followed the same demonstrations on other items we might not been in a shit hole now. Too many people sit on there arse and do nout and the government truly believe they can do what they want.

Just like the police think they can do what they please - And this is a prime example of how police are power junkie bully's. ALL of the officers involved in this one - Except the one pulling them away who clearly noticed that the other ones had went too far - Should be sacked with no benefits, and they should be trialed with assault.

How many of them ever actual end up repaying their 'student loan'.

All of them once they start earning £15K. Try to default and your credit rating will be blitzed.

...and they have very long arms. One of my sons is paying his from Japan.

They are more like grants than loans.

I'm sorry, but any student on this forum will tell you that that is nonsense.

All of them once they start earning £15K. Try to default and your credit rating will be blitzed.

...and they have very long arms. One of my sons is paying his from Japan.

I'm sorry, but any student on this forum will tell you that that is nonsense.

Sorry to hear about your son.

The new proposals state universities are able to charge up to £9,000 in tuition fees. That doesn't mean all universities will charge that much, and if it's dependent on income (means tested) it means that only the richest students will pay that much.

Students will only have to start paying back their loan when they earn more than £21,000 per year, rather than the current £15,000 per year and even then you only pay back 9% of your wages over and above £21,000, so if you earn £22,000 you pay back 9% of £1000 which is £90 / year!

Plus with the fact that if you fail to repay it within the 25 years then it could be wiped off.

Obviously if you get a job earning a decent whack then you should pay it back, but never pay it off early if you have other outstanding debts as the interest rates on Student Loans are extremely low.

Nope. He definitely jumped out of the wheelchair and dragged himself across the road nearly bumping into a policemen who was trying to get out of the way.

Sorry to hear about your son.

The new proposals state universities are able to charge up to £9,000 in tuition fees. That doesn't mean all universities will charge that much, and if it's dependent on income (means tested) it means that only the richest students will pay that much.

Students will only have to start paying back their loan when they earn more than £21,000 per year, rather than the current £15,000 per year and even then you only pay back 9% of your wages over and above £21,000, so if you earn £22,000 you pay back 9% of £1000 which is £90 / year!

Plus with the fact that if you fail to repay it within the 25 years then it could be wiped off.

Obviously if you get a job earning a decent whack then you should pay it back, but never pay it off early if you have other outstanding debts as the interest rates on Student Loans are extremely low.

I'v got about 16K of debts, The uni charged me about 4k per course i did (Roughly)

Now thats about 70% lets say of the max they can charge me, so apply that maths to the 9grand = 6300 * 4 = 25400

Is it fair for them to put it up that much? I agree we should pay for our education, but i payed for it when it was 4000 a year - Why should i pay me for the same course?

I disagree with that too, this is the issue, alot of people out there just think students are freeloaders..

I am still paying my student loan off and then i receive the outstanding amount and its hardly moved. They rape you with the interest rate after.

I know that every single one of my mates who went uni are paying their loan back.

Most of the violence and protest we are seeing on the news, its the few of them who are not even students there just causing trouble for the sake of it.

Apologies to the original poster for going off track

back to the footage. Bad very very bad i tell you.

I saw this lad on bbc news yesterday morning, and regardless of whether i agree with what happened to him or not, he didnt come across very well on the telly, he wanted to turn it into a political rant and all about wikileaks. Nothing to do with the "real" reason he was there or what happened.

He was rolling towards the Filth personally if i was them i would of ran he could well of been there to blow himself up.

As a disabled person myself i would never go to anything like that in fear to have been hurt in the masses of people, I cant understand why he was there ok he may of been trying to stand up for what he believes in but theres 1000s there doing that and aint gonna change anything the goverment have made there mind up and nobody is gonna change it.

As already stated there not all bums, a lot there will go on to become very high paid workers and 9 grand is nothing a lot could be earning more than that a week.

There is change happening and unfortunatly we have got to ACCEPT IT there is nothing that us mere taxpayers can do about it.

He was there, intent on causing bother : Wheels Come Off Protester’s Complaint - Guy Fawkes' blog

Still, doesn't condone the polices actions but as a non-disabled person i woudn't go to a protest where violence was expected as i wouldn't want to be involved.

Education is a right but not a university education. it's a choice. "go to uni" has been drummed into people as a way to escape poverty and the working class. it's not. peoples attitudes need to change towards work, even dole scroungers 'expect' better jobs. they should be greatful and any work they can get and contribute towards the society they are priviledged to be brough up in - there's much MUCH worse countries to live in...

He was no threat to anyone and even the one officer fulls the other one away because he is going to far.

Im sitting on the fence with the price increase as im not sure if its rite or wrong to increase this.

The one thing that is nice to see is everyone sticking together and standing up for what they believe in and not lying down and letting the goverment do what they want. I believe we ALL should do this more as we just seem to take what ever they throw at us.

I dont agree with the violence in anyway shape or form.

I am still paying my student loan off and then i receive the outstanding amount and its hardly moved. They rape you with the interest rate after.

AFAIK, the current interest rate for income based loans is 0%. Interest rate for fixed term loans is actually -0.4%.

facts & figures

Does not seem like rape to me

It actually depends on when you graduated. So last year people like myself had a negitive interest rate - this year its ober 3.3 %

The later starters I think post 1995 are income based and they got shafted last year and are better off this year so its a case of swings and roundabouts mate

Win this year lose next year.

My interest alone each month is over £30 this year when calculated but last year I actually saved £50 over the year

Edit : Just checked and its actually 4.4% and 1.5% depending on the year of start

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/health/?tab=35&dd

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/student-loans-repay

Last edited:
Compared to taking out a personal loan its still pretty cheap.

Yep that is tru but the purpose of a student loan is to study - a personal loan is for you to do what you want to with it.

Back