Video Capture software

'Free' and best dont usually mix :)
What about using Nero? Or Windows movie maker is built in to windows so thats free, and when you buy a capture device it also comes with free capture software.

'Free' and best dont usually mix :)
What about using Nero? Or Windows movie maker is built in to windows so thats free, and when you buy a capture device it also comes with free capture software.

Lost the original software that come with sony dv camara

Tried nero 8 but it does not pick up the audio, not sure why so was just looking for another piece of software to try

On nero when you go to capture video there is an option to select video source and audio source, When I select the audio source it dosn't see the USB driver installed for the camera even though under windows device manager I can see it.

Never had a problem with this when using Nero 7 but haven't got a copy of that either now

I'll have a look at windows movie maker

cheers

You have to remove the useless nero codecs and it will work correctly. Its a common problem but i cant remember where the files are located, but i think they're called Nevideo.ax and Neaudio.ax or similar.
Maybe someone can confirm the location for Nero8, or google may help on that, but its a simple solution and Nero Vision is decent capture software imho.

windows movie maker worked fine but not sure on the quality - 30mins video I think was under a 1GB (wmv format)

Also tried Sony Vegas 9 (free 30 day trial licence) 30 mins in avi was a wapping 6.5GB so need to work out how to trim that down

Windows moviemaker is great, its free and simple.

Adobe Premier Pro if you really want to edit.

Windows moviemaker is great, its free and simple.

Adobe Premier Pro if you really want to edit.

cheers Mark

just wanted to keep it simple

used Sony Vegas in the end which created a 6GB avi then I used WinFF to convert to Xvid and brought the file size down to 500MB

Hi

I've used several over time and found the best to be Tech Smiths " Snag It " or Camtasia programs.

You can try them for free (just google techsmith) and buy if you like.

I bought SnagIt but got Camtasia (which I think is better) from another source :sneaky:

If you try camtasia and like it then let me know ;)

Regards, paulw14

C.T.I.D.

Back