viber free calls abnd txt via your network

Thing is not all of us had smart phones so i wouldn,t have been any good then.

Sound good but isnt it the same thing as Skype as you have to call someone that is also using viber which Skype also does on iphone and android, a bit like facetime too but that only for the ifanboys. Is ot any better than Skype? They both use data and if you are on a limited data plan and you use it too ofte you could go over your limit.

Thanks for the info tho. :)

Sound good but isnt it the same thing as Skype as you have to call someone that is also using viber which Skype also does on iphone and android, a bit like facetime too but that only for the ifanboys. Is ot any better than Skype? They both use data and if you are on a limited data plan and you use it too ofte you could go over your limit.

Thanks for the info tho. :)

dont think it uses data m8 its setup you use your wifi so only be used when your in a free wifi area or at home (not sure about data side of things)

if it works over 3G it will cost you a fortune if you use abroad. wont be to pricing here in the UK but as someone already said it may use a lot of your data package.

if it works over 3G it will cost you a fortune if you use abroad. wont be to pricing here in the UK but as someone already said it may use a lot of your data package.

i have this on my iphone and have seen no options for 3g on data connection its just wifi as far as i can see, install it and take a look before you run it down.

now i see why members dont bother posting you get run down just for trying to share something thats free.

i have this on my iphone and have seen no options for 3g on data connection its just wifi as far as i can see, install it and take a look before you run it down.

From the website

Free international calls and text messages to other Viber users using 3G or Wi-Fi.

and from their F.A.Q

Does it cost anything to use Viber?

Viber and all Viber features are absolutely free and do not require any additional "in application" purchase.
* When you use Viber on a 3G network you might incur operator data charges or internet access fees.

Can I call people who don't have Viber?

Yes, if the person you're calling doesn't have Viber, the call will be placed like *regular call, but don't forget to invite your friends to Viber so your next call is free ;).
*Regular calls are calls placed through your cell phone service provider, using your cell phone rate plan.

It's VOIP so it uses the internet to make your calls, if you are connected to the internet via Wi-Fi then it will be free (at home or free hotspot) if it uses 3g then it will use your data allowance, not a problem if you have unlimited or a good sized package, but if you have very little data on your phone package then you don't want to use something like this over 3g (same with skype, facetime or any other VOIP program).

There probably wont be any options for "3g" as it will use whatever internet connection you are using, ether Wi-Fi or 3g depending on where you are.

I've tried it and to be honest I think skype sounds better.

Plus I know a lot more people who use skype than viber, it was hard to find someone who was willing to install it to try it out.

I also prefer skype as I can call the people I know ether on their phone or computer or landline/mobile (the latter option costs money though).

It can only get better though, and if more people get onboard it may overtake other options.

Last edited:
far comment m8, i just use it from home so np for m8.

From the website

and from their F.A.Q

It's VOIP so it uses the internet to make your calls, if you are connected to the internet via Wi-Fi then it will be free (at home or free hotspot) if it uses 3g then it will use your data allowance, not a problem if you have unlimited or a good sized package, but if you have very little data on your phone package then you don't want to use something like this over 3g (same with skype, facetime or any other VOIP program).

There probably wont be any options for "3g" as it will use whatever internet connection you are using, ether Wi-Fi or 3g depending on where you are.

I've tried it and to be honest I think skype sounds better.

Plus I know a lot more people who use skype than viber, it was hard to find someone who was willing to install it to try it out.

I also prefer skype as I can call the people I know ether on their phone or computer or landline/mobile (the latter option costs money though).

It can only get better though, and if more people get onboard it may overtake other options.

i looked at skype before i got viber but it looked like you had tp pay to use it via a mobile. so i went for viber.

i looked at skype before i got viber but it looked like you had tp pay to use it via a mobile. so i went for viber.

If you are using Wi-Fi skype to skype calls are free regardless if it's mobile to mobile or pc to pc or a cross of the 2. If you use 3g then you still only pay for data unless you have data on your mobile plan.

The only time it costs to use skype is if you call a mobile or landline number and not another skype user, this is the same whether you are using skype on your pc or your mobile.

I have nowt against viber it seems a good program, just not enough people using it and nobody I know so I use skype as all my family, both here and in the US, all have skype on their pc's, iphones, ipads or android phones (like me).

Its a good app but fair play to the 2 lads for pointing the data thing out as it could end up costing peeps on data . Just gives you a fuller picture of the app in my opinion. Dont think you was getting put down napster and joe i dont think the guys were trolling tbh.

Back