vauxhall astra problem

derek12345

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a astra 1,6 auto I was driving on Saturday and the speedometer was bouncing between 0 and 60 mph then the tripometer stopped working then the speedo just sat on 0mph and never moved then after a little while the engine just cut out all together and stopped after a few tries it got going again after I got home I left it to cool down next day started it ok went no problems but only short journeys Monday was the same but today went out in it on a longer journey and it done exactly the same has anyone seen these symptons before and could let me know what it is please

thanx for looking

It could be a faulty ABS sensor derek I think the NSF controls the speedometer as well. It's not sending a signal to the ecu unit so hence the engine is cutting out. Electrical fault problem defo. :)

thanx miggy I took it round a few garages yesterday even put it on a diagnostic machine but it shows no fault codes and the guy said he doesn't want to go down the route of changing the abs sensor unless hes sure it is that as it is all in with the hub on a astra and its £204 from Vauxhall so I am no futher forward is there any way of testing that it is that

thanx miggy I took it round a few garages yesterday even put it on a diagnostic machine but it shows no fault codes and the guy said he doesn't want to go down the route of changing the abs sensor unless hes sure it is that as it is all in with the hub on a astra and its £204 from Vauxhall so I am no futher forward is there any way of testing that it is that

You could try having a look at the wires that go to that hub just in case they are broken/bare if they are put them on a block connector and tape it up. Failing that mate its the sensor in your hub unfortunately. :(

its crazy I didn't even know it had abs lol there's no abs light on dashboard when you turn on ignition and I have solid discs I thought abs was vented but there is a abs switch on hub

could you not disable abs see if it helps the problem

got the abs sensor fitted yesterday took the car out last night gave it a good run and no faults at all so thank you every one for your help

thanx for looking

got the abs sensor fitted yesterday took the car out last night gave it a good run and no faults at all so thank you every one for your help

thanx for looking

Nice one derek onwards and upwards from now on. :Clap:

might be something to do with the alternator. your battery might be about to go.

Back