Using MPCS with non-super TM6000 series

mrbleu500

Inactive User
Reaction score
MPCS is a linux card sharing client application which can be used, for example, when connecting to a pay server which does not allow the use of WSP. I am posting this how-to based on my own (limited) experience with using it, in case anyone else needs to set it up on their system.

I am using a TM 6900HD with the latest 670p firmware, and have a null-modem cable attached to the RS232 port of the unit, which is connected to the serial (COM) port on my laptop.

The windows version of MPCS is attached to this post, and although I have a linux box I could have tested it on, my laptop (which I use to connect to the receiver) is a winxp box, so this is what I have used.

1. Download and unpack MPCS.
Simply dl the application and unpack into a folder you wish to run the app from.

2. Connect the receiver to the laptop via the null modem cable.

3. There are three files in the MPCS installation which you need to edit, and they should be configured as follows:

Note: your sharer may ask for alternative settings to mine, I know these work with the pay server I'm using, so they are likely to be pretty common

mpcd.conf

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

You can set the output log to display in the command window (stdout) or direct to a log file as required, the hash symbol is used to comment out the unwanted setting

mpcs.user

Code:

mpcs.server

For each package ident, you will need a separate [reader] section in the file. The format is:

Code:

4. Test the IP of the server using ping command, will tell you if the server is live. You can use h__p://network-tools.com/ if you find it easier to use :)

5. On the installation/option menu on the patched TM6000 series, select SSSP in the first option, and save the setting.

6. Start the MPCS client, it will run in a command (DOS) window by running the mpcs-0.8k-rc13n-i386-pc-cygwin.exe file.

7. If you have configured MPCS correctly you should see something like this:

Code:

8. Navigate to a channel in the package, and it should clear :)

Feel free to flame, correct or add comments, if I find any othere tricks, I'll post them here.

:drink:

Why would some sites not allow the use of WSP?

I guess that WSP allows you to share to multiple receivers ?

If you are in the pay server business, it's not a great idea ;)

wow searched the net for about 3 hours looking for a way to get s*y to work better on my tm6900, found your post and followed your guide and now that i can actually specify the caid (unlike with wsp) it connects with no problems what so ever, well apart from the little jump every 5 mins. But at least it connects now.

Thanks for your great guide

think for this report

zapatachicour thank for this guide

Last edited by a moderator:
Back