Usb hard drive partitions?

hdbb

Inactive User
Reaction score
Im using my 1tb on the wii at the moment as wbfs. but now thinking of using the extra space for some movies n stuff. is it possible to create separate partitions for this ideally i would prefer fat32 / wbfs or do i need to do away with wbfs for it to work?

yes you can.

but what usb loader are you using?

i use a harddrive formatted to fat32 on config usb loader.

Can you not just partition as normal. Then just format one part as WBFS ?

using wiiflow bexause its the one the kids prefer using, i know it only reads wbfs but was hoping i could partition wbfs for wiiflow and fat32 for media files.. is that possible?

wiiflow can use a harddrive formatted to fat32 or ntfs file systems, usually fat32 drives are used..

didnt know that but does that mean iso files again. have loads of games already as wbfs on my computer stored?

i dont use wiiflow, but i think you use backup manager to convert the files into wbfs files same as config usb loader

thanks for the help. gonna give it a go. downloaded wiimc player. But does anyone have a forwarder for it. id rather not install the channel. tried google but getting people asking same

i got wiimc player too, all downloads for it here.

great for streaming stuff,
the lad uses that more than the games.. lol

I use configurable usb loader as my launcher on the wii. This plays games on fat32 partitions and means I can also just drag and drop. Although I normally use wiibackupmanager_build78 fro transferring games.

The 1Tb is partioned as fat32 for games, another fat 32 which has the kids movies on although I could move them onto the first one. I've made sure that I have an NTFS partition so that I can copy large files across especially dvd iso files.

i got the hdd partitioned fat32/wbfs....works ok for both wiimc and wiiflow. is there anyway i can get it to store wiiflow and the covers on the fat32 partition? im thinking this meaning i wont need the sdcard in for wiiflow anymore

wbfs partitions aren't really needed these days. You can just use a folder in the root called wbfs on a fat32 fromatted drive and use Wii Backup Manager (WBM) to transfer them in as wbfs files (bit like iso's). They're scrubbed and will also split automatically at 4GB for the Fat32 limit. Windows will want to format a 1tb partition as exFat, which isn't compatible. Use a 3rd party app like EaseUs (it's free) to sort out large Fat32 partitions. I think WBM formats as well but never used it.

cant get wiiflow to recognise the fat partition tho. i can get cfg to see it but wiiflow altho i tell it to use the fat partition still says nothing found

Try and use a completely FAT32 drive if you can mate. If you install a clean one and your WBFS on the PC then you can mount them both and use Wii Backup Manager to copy across your game files from the WBFS drive into a WBFS folder on FAT32 drive. It'll save so much hassle in the future when you can just stick FAT32 drive on Windows and access everything.

Some great tutorials I've used in the past and work a treat for CFG.

Configurable USB Loader - GBAtemp.net

Usb Loader - GAF's Wii Homebrew Tutorial

Back