Upgrading to Dreambox

fezzy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I,m upgrading from a tm8 1500, to a dreambox. I have had a good look round and
must admit , i ain,t got a clue!! There are so many of em. Anybody give me a pointer
to which to buy? I want good value for money, be able to patch when needed and
really a good starting model for a newbie to dreambox. Anybody help as i said
higher up i ain,t got a clue with dream but i do want to learn.

fezzy

Guys

I,ve been looking at a few posts and i think i may get a 500s. I,m not bothered for
card sharing etc at the moment, just to get a dreambox and get it set up and working
for now and look at the other options when i,ve worked out how it works.

fezzy

read as much info as you can find m8, my 1st go at these lasted 6 months then i sold the lot, now i have 3 running with another 2 on the way all connected up doing allsorts of funky things ;)

people here will help you out if you get stuck

If you want a pvr go for a 600, if you don't go for 500.

Definately hide all hammers and put cushions against the wall.

Otherwise everything will be broken and you will have a sore head.

They are great, but they are very different from a technomate (i had a 1600)

Cheers Guys

I,ve also been looking at the tm8 9100 and thinking now to try that as a starter
to the dreambox, but which would you say is the best for a newbie ? Cos i,m
taking the plunge this weekend whatever. As for headbanging , i think i,ll cope
with that. ( i hope ) I know the dreambox has more support and is more expensive
wich is no problem, but whats good about the 9100 ?

fezzy

technomate is a new box and as such has buggy software (just read other forums)

dreambox is established and you know the software is good.

Also the thing about technomate recievers is that the software is done (very well) by one person in effect.I know the plugins are universal but the software is not open source.

But I really woudn't want to sway you either way, but that is why I went for a Dreambox rather than the technomate.

I think the dreambox 500 is cheaper than the tm9100 isnt it?

Your choice will totally depend on what you are looking for.
-The dm500s is very cute/tiny, cheap & well supported and proven.
-The tm9100 is cheap, unreliable & buggy, but does have basic ability to record if you add a HDD.
-The dm600s is cute/tiny, has full pvr if you add a HDD, plus will always have a better resale value and likely be around much longer than the tm9100.
-The dm7020s is more expensive, has full pvr, has great support, and is most stable & reliable.

Then you have lots of other choice in between, there are numorous receivers to consider like the Relook 200 or 400, Triple Dragon, dbox2 or older model dreams etc, and dont forget the dm7025 with twin tuners.

I wouldnt want to sway you either, but there's lots of choice so you have to decide what your priorities are? If its price then just find the cheapest deal :)

Cheers Again Guys

I think i,ve made my mind up now and its gonna be the Dreambox 600s at £199
from satstore, unless anyone knows anywhere cheaper. I can get the tm8 9100 for
£116 , but have now gone off the idea. I have a new 1mtr dish arriving today , to
take the place of my 80cm . I will keep the tm8 1500 hooked up to the 80cm and
use the dream with the 1mtr motorized.

Thanks for now guys , as i,ll be back quizzing you all for more info , after i go
through the manuals and posts.

Thanks Again !!!!

fezzy.

Back