Upgrading a v5 TomTom Go 300

Munkey

Inactive User
Reaction score
Gents

I have a TomTom Go 300 with v5.41 software on it. I'm trying to update to the latest maps including speed cams.

In the Satellite section there is a v6.xx but the poster says that it will not work with v5 TomToms. Can somebody please please advise on what I need to do in order to get the latest maps. I really dont want to mess this up as the in built sat nav on my car has gone potty.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

hi munkey, i have updated a couple of these i usually buy a bit bigger sd card like a 512, if just want to put on the uk map and a few voices, if you want to go a bit further and put on say western europe and easter europe buy a 2 gb sd card.

all you have to do is install tomtom home on your pc, take out the old sd card put in the new, or you can format the old card in fat32 if you dont want to buy a new one, connect the unit via usb to your pc, the software will pick up your tomtom. it will ask you if you want to download the software your tomtom needs, let it do that and install.

then all you need is the uk map or which ever map you want, which im sure you will be able to find on the net plus the postcode files and voices plus the speed camera database which is on dw :)

Focus

This Sat Nav marlarky has been doing my head in. I was going to pull the trigger on a new one if no one replied to this thread. We've become a bit dependent on these things recently.

Thanks for your help mate. I appreciate your time writing the info for me :) I've ordered a new SD card and the new 6.75 software is downloading now. Cheers

Back