Updating a DB800 HD PVR

terryd

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all.

I have a DM800 with an Enigma dated October 2009 (and running the last BlackHole that was released).

I see mention of images that have replaced Blackhole and mentions of v2 SIMs and I have looked to see if there are any threads explaining the method (and possible limitations) to bringing my box up to date.

Can anyone assist please?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Terry and welcome.
Do you mean DM800HD PVR?If so then first off we need to know what type of sim is in the DM800,sim 2.01 or Ferrari are the common ones

Thanks for the reply. It is an original (not a clone) that was purchased about four years ago.

Where can I find out which sim if the above doesn't identify it?

Thanks again Terry

Thanks, I did wonder. So I can just update to the latest set of drivers and put on another image - and can I back off to Blackhole again without downgrading the drivers?

Thanks, I did wonder. So I can just update to the latest set of drivers and put on another image - and can I back off to Blackhole again without downgrading the drivers?

What do you mean by 'back off to BH' ?

Apologies, I didn't explain. I don't have a problem with using BH (except maybe the lack of epg updates) so I want to see what the new images do that is better than BH but retain the option to go back if I find that I still prefer it.

Apologies, I didn't explain. I don't have a problem with using BH (except maybe the lack of epg updates) so I want to see what the new images do that is better than BH but retain the option to go back if I find that I still prefer it.

Just make a backup if the option exists onto a usb stick or the hdd.If you just want a decent epg then use CrossEPG and set it to update every day

Thanks for the advice, I will take a look at Crossepg. What do you recommend to replace BH?

Thanks for the advice, I will take a look at Crossepg. What do you recommend to replace BH?

Horses for courses Terry,DreamElite or DreamboxUK are good images or try one of the forums images

I can not find these listed in the downloads?

Have a look in the old download section m8,I think it's in the dreambox section iirc :)

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Back