Update to 4.0 guide

Downgraded my 3.4e ro 3.2e then upto 4.0e - then Homebrew Channel died :( SO ran Bannerbomb and reloaded the Homebrew channel and finished off - all done and working nicely ta V much :)

Great work lads - now, about 4.1e....

Will I need to do this on my hardmodded wii to enable me to play wii sports resort?

mines on 3.2E, i did it using the zelda game ages ago, today i got my Wiimotion thingy, and a 'trial' version of sports resort ;)

im assuming itll need updating before i try the disc?

mines on 3.2E, i did it using the zelda game ages ago, today i got my Wiimotion thingy, and a 'trial' version of sports resort ;)

im assuming itll need updating before i try the disc?

im not sure if it matters mate about the update i think motion plus works on 3.2 if you have skip disc updates on you may get away with upgrading dont get me wrong theres nothing wrong with being on 4.0

im not sure if it matters mate about the update i think motion plus works on 3.2 if you have skip disc updates on you may get away with upgrading dont get me wrong theres nothing wrong with being on 4.0

it says unable to read disc :(

the download also came with sommat called RZTP.dol though

the dol file is the fix file mate you need to use it with neogamma leeagt as done a post with 3 ways of getting to work m8 have a look at that, that should sort you. Link

Last edited by a moderator:
Please help!!!!!

I think I've bricked my Wii

It's stuck on the corrupt screen. Everytime I boot the same message comes up.

Please help me...

Got it back up and running now.

I had to downgrade and then go through the tutorial again.

Thank you for preloader and bootmii.

Cheers everyone.

I'm one happy fella now.....

Hi,

I followed this guide last night, offline version, to upgrage to 3.2 to 4.0.
I had previously installed softmii 2.1 and wanted to get rid of CIOScorp.

My question is about step 11, installing wads 1-18. Are they installed to IOS249 (as thats what is selected in wad manager 1.4)? So do they then overwrite the old IOS or become part of 249. Why don't you select IOS15 to install the IOS15.wad?

I also noticed some of my old CIOScorp IOS werent in the 1-18 wads (IOS9, 14, etc) so i downloaded the with NUS, when i installed them i replaced the actual IOS (ie. installed IO9.wad with IOS9 selected in wad manager 1.4) - should i have selected 249 as i did with the 1-18?

Any clarification on this would help, i'm trying to get my wii as stable as possible - CIOScorp free.

Also, after all this i installed the cios rev14 wad to 249. Is this ok or should i have done this first (ie, instead of step 10)

Thanks,
Rich

Last edited:
OK, i have re uploaded the files and also included the 4.1 updater, cIOS38 rev14 for anyone wanting to update further from 4.0.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Cheers m8. reps left.

Copied files onto sd card (just APPS and WAD directories as I had everything else).

I was on 3.1E. Just went to homebrew browser, selected firmware 4.0, let it do its business (which seemed to take foreever) and I am now on 4.0E.
Pizz easy, no downgrading or anything else required.

lol, I updated to 4.1 (from the offline files posted here) having successfully used the upgrade to 4.0 for a few days. It then started asking me for System Updates. I also found that preloader had been removed.

Well I think it makes a difference but I had forgotten to disconnect wii connect. Anyways just reinstalled preloader, used the updated hacks.ini settings and all working fine now.

Back