United agree Carrick fee

primal

Inactive User
Reaction score
Manchester United have agreed a fee with Tottenham for Michael Carrick.

Red Devils boss Sir Alex Ferguson has been a firm admirer of the England midfielder for some time and has been trying to bring him to Old Trafford all summer.

A bid of around £10 million was rejected before the World Cup as Spurs coach Martin Jol looked to build his side around Carrick.

However, Ferguson's persistence has finally paid off, with the cash from Ruud van Nistelrooy's sale to Real Madrid enabling United to return with an improved offer.

Carrick is now set to complete his protracted move to Old Trafford just as soon as he undergoes a medical and agrees personal terms.

"Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur can confirm that they have agreed terms for the transfer of the registration of Michael Carrick conditional upon the player agreeing personal terms with Manchester United," read an official statement from United.

"He shall also be required to pass a medical that will take place on Monday."

Jol has admitted that he was reluctant to let Carrick leave, but did not want to stand in the way of a lifelong dream.

"This is a move that Michael wants to make," he explained.

"We have given him every reason to stay, but he has asked to be allowed to leave."

Should Carrick clinch a transfer to United he will become Ferguson's first major signing of the summer.

no point trying to keep a player once they ask to go..... bad for spurs but theyve plenty of other great midfielders so they'll be fine

dumbmayh3m said:
Man u are past it. They need new faces to replace giggs, scholes who wont last much longer at the top.

Only now are they replacing Keane.

SAF is past it too imo.

i agree with you there m8..............:proud:

who is SAF thou...?....lol..........

dumbmayh3m said:
Sir Alex Ferguson. I did think twice about using it though as I knew someone would ask.

lmfao......... nice one m8...........:proud:

you got me there............

I think Carrick is a good player and will be good for us, he played excellent for England, and Scholes and Giggs still have about 2 seasons in them! SAF knows what hes doin buying Carrick!

united needed a world class holdin midfielder and they go for carrick, wahahaha, he played average for England and i dont think hes anything special.
I think its a stupid transfer but let's see what happens, but hopefully he will solve the holding midfield problem united have

The-Dogs-Nutts said:
i agree with you there m8..............:proud:

who is SAF thou...?....lol..........

hehehe just browsin & thought SAF was intended as 'sad as fu#k'

:)

have to laugh

ferguson : 'We are not going to be stupid and just pay the price other clubs want.

'You have to negotiate and sometimes, you have to be patient.'

Man Utd agree £18.6m Carrick fee

Tottenham have revealed they will receive a fee of up to £18.6m from Manchester United for Michael Carrick.
The 25-year-old England midfielder will have a medical on Monday.

And in a statement issued to the Stock Exhange on Monday Spurs confirmed the fee for Carrick was "for a total consideration of up to £18.6m

i think carrick will be a great player for united and i look forward to seeing him in a great side and i think this will get him his england starts that he deserves

Carrick for 18.6 million

compared to

Damian Duff for 5 million

aren't those fees the wrong way round

On Friday they sold Dutch striker Ruud van Nistelrooy, the scorer of 150 goals in 219 games, to Real Madrid for £10.3m.

Three days later, Tottenham midfielder Michael Carrick moved to Old Trafford for £18.6m. The 25-year-old has yet to play in the Champions League or cement a place in the England team

The England midfield man is to have signed a contract worth around £50,000-per-week

give the guy a chance. he'll do well at man u. his range of passing is the best in the premiership.

kabzy mabzy said:
give the guy a chance. he'll do well at man u. his range of passing is the best in the premiership.

Well said mate! I agree with u there, he will get better at man utd, and he will be a great signin for us just wait and see!

18.6m totally bumped. ha ha ha.

but watch one thing he's nothing flash at all and cant even get in the england squad,but now he's signed for man u he'll play every game for england even though he'll be no better than what he was when he was at spurs

Back