UK's national ID card unveiled

I'd rather a passport than an ID card m8 ;) In fact I will not have it any other way. Don't be fooled into thinking ID cards are cheaper or more convenient, for nationals.

:Cheers:

MMMMM fair point got me thinking now they should make them manditory for all the Ass seekers in this country though.

for all the people FOR this, ie meanie "no id get out of our country" <-- how does it feel that you are being watched by indians, quite litterally, the third party company that londons street camera systems are ran by is infact an indian company!

and for the other guy that says we should need 1 of these to buy drink, because its cheaper than getting a provisional, what an utter load of balls dont even get me started!, wha about the people who have a provisional? or a full license? i can tell you REALLY DID THINK THAT 1 THROUGH ???

personally i wont be getting this until i have no choice, i dont see the point in it, i have a debit card, cash, license, comptia cards and microsoft card, why should i have to rearrange my wallet just for another stupid piece of plastic ? lol

have you seen what they are doing for northern ireland? dividing it so you can get a UK one and an irish one? SURELY this doesnt make sense, why should an irish citizen get a UK ID card??

for all the people FOR this, ie meanie "no id get out of our country" <-- how does it feel that you are being watched by Indians, quite literally, the third party company that London's street camera systems are ran by is in fact an Indian company!

and for the other guy that says we should need 1 of these to buy drink, because its cheaper than getting a provisional, what an utter load of balls dont even get me started!, wha about the people who have a provisional? or a full license? i can tell you REALLY DID THINK THAT 1 THROUGH ???

personally i wont be getting this until i have no choice, i dont see the point in it, i have a debit card, cash, license, comptia cards and microsoft card, why should i have to rearrange my wallet just for another stupid piece of plastic ? lol

have you seen what they are doing for northern Ireland? dividing it so you can get a UK one and an Irish one? SURELY this doesn't make sense, why should an Irish citizen get a UK ID card??

Another good point made there plexo but surely there will be some advantages to this card ? trial and error I suppose' maybe we should go one further and have retina scanner's in banks and airports :proud:

Hmm.

I am not against ID cards in a liberal democracy. One fact the naysayers ignore is that through the national insurance card, we already are forced as adults to have ID, and to be put on a database (granted we are not forced to carry it, but we are not forced to carry this new card either).

In fact the only people who are not subject to this form of control are criminals adn illegal immigrants.

Will it not be a good idea for public services (benefits, NHS, police, housing, etc) to demand ID when somebody requests a service? By doing so in a relatively secure way, do we not stamp out a large percentage of fraud, and misuse (and no, you do not need an ID card to access services, just some form of ID).

I thought some of our more xenophobic friends on here would fully support the idea.

Let me ask a question. Does the institution of this card actually let the state know any more about us? Or is it just a codification and an improvement in technology?

Now, I do feel that the cost is prohibitive (both on the initial investment of tax money and the cost to the citizen). That would be my problem. If the government were clever they would try to project the savings in fraudulent use of services over the next few years to offset the initial ID card cost.

The other issue is take up. Will it help combat terrorism if it is a voluntary?

Will Abdul Hayem Ka-boom, spend £30 that could be used to buy fertilizer and nails?

Will it help combat terrorism if it is a voluntary?

the only reason theres ANY kind of 'terrorist' threat in this country is because our government can't keep their noses and our troops out of everyone elses business. = Fact. so all we do is bring them all home, we are then more secure and simultaneously under less threat. make sense ? there is no real wars, we don't need national ID cards. then we could end the rampant immigration caused by us bombing endless random countries into submission .. they won't want to come here as their homes are safe.

join the Great Britain Independance Party @ GBIP.co.uk

:Cheers:

You do not understand the religious imperative to 'convert' English.

The establishment of a new caliphate ruled under Shariah law is what radical islamists desire, not some tit for tat fight because we have military bases in Saudi Arabia.

Using your logic, when Hitler invaded Poland, you would have ignored it, said 'it's none of our business' and waited for them to march on us. Also, you would not have wanted the US to come to our aid when we were being bombed to within an inch of our life.

Isolationism doesn't work.

Bill Hicks said:
It's a round world last time I checked

Back